Friday, August 22, 2014

A Bit of Sewing...

I couldn't wait to make something with the great sewing themed fabric I bought yesterday. So after work last night (I know I'm crazy! It was after midnight!!!) I made this.....
I made a quilt-as-you go pencil case and little scrap basket. 
Fits lots of bits and pieces in it (zips don't scare me anymore!) 
I just love this fabric! 
I still have plenty left to make a plastic zippy project holder at some stage! 
I've also finished Jodie of Ric RaC's cute little "T is for Turtle". 
I made my little turtle in a pink felt so she's very girly! 
This is her little shell before it was sewn on. All the little "blobs" on the back of the shell are padded. 
Have a great day!
Teresa xx

14 comments:

Sandi said...

That looks great Cass, I love the fabric, I should have got some myself, no I shouldn't, yes I should have....lol

KAYLEE said...

That sure is awesome fabric Teresa, gorgeous pencil case and love the scrap basket, what makes it stand up ?

Susan said...

LOL and why wouldnt you sew after you got home from work?? a lof of us do - though of course its not midnight when we start!!!
Great effort - I'm with Sandi - I need that fabric too.

Karen said...

Isn't it amazing what we can do in the middle of the night? Love the projects with the sewing fabric, and your little turtle is sweet!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Sweet little projects Teresa...much more productive than tossing and turning with a busy "after work" mind xx

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

QUe preciosos detalles!!!

marina said...

those fabrics have come togehter beautifully in your sewing projects.
gorgeous little turtle girl too!
The quilter's store looks like a wonderful shop..

Jan said...

What a sweet little turtle, Teresa, so pretty in pink. Stitching after midnight -you are a mad woman - wonderful results. The fabrics are great, esp. the sewing fabric. Is the tool holder a Spoonful of Sugar pattern or from somewhere else? Have a great weekend. x

Susan said...

Great results from your crazy midnight stitching session. When inspiration strikes you just have to go with it.

Sue said...

Love the fabric. Will you share? I find it hard to get really nice sewing themed prints. I'm always on the lookout.

retdairyqueen said...

You always make such lovely things
Hope all is well with you xx

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

No zipper phobia for you, especially after doing one of THOSE multi zipped bags. Looks a great sewing set. I've been looking at Ric Rac's patterns. Might have to one like yours where the seams are on the outside.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow....love your projects....great fabric...

Noela said...

I have this fabric and am making my GD a quilt for her 21st. Love the fabric too. Hugs....