Saturday, July 5, 2014

Warwick Retreat Part 1!

It is that time of the year again when I am lucky enough to go on retreat with a wonderful bunch of ladies to Glenrose Cottage in Warwick. The boot of Helen's car is well and truly packed and Sandi tried very hard to pack the kitten as well....as if Helen wouldn't notice!!!! We had to leave her behind....
We are always greeted at Glenrose with a wonderful morning tea of fresh scones and a cuppa.
Maree (our wonderful, tireless leader and organiser) did everything to take a photo of us all sitting around the table eating our morning tea...
I just love this photo and the effort involved in fitting us all in that photo!!!
Home sweet home for the next four days... and my cabin buddies, Helen and Sandi start moving in!
As always the cabins are beautifully welcoming. This is my bed with it's sweet little teddy. 
As soon as we set up in the work room we were all given a gorgeous bag of goodies from Maree. Full of chocolates, a sewing challenge, a gorgeous Theordora Cleave stitching book and a wonderful, personalised wine glass charm...
Which was well and truly used and loved!
The sewing challenge was a great little thread catcher and this is mine. Love the colours and fabrics Maree chose for me.
How good do all our little catchers look? Great start to the retreat!
 
Helen got straight into her jelly roll Christmas quilt. 
Monday was also the lovely Cheryl's birthday.  SHE spoiled US!!! We had a lovely afternoon tea ......
And then she made us the most dellicious dinner in the evening!!!
The birthday girl, in her tiara, with her birthday cake. 
We had a fabulous night with a game of pass the parcel (organised by De) with gifts all the way and then to top it off... Helen had party bags for all of us. It's been a very long time since I've played games like this and gone home with party bags and it was so much fun. 
It really was a fabulous first night and a great way to start off the week. 
I had my first finish for the retreat. It's called the Nevermore Bag (because of the fabric) and it's huge! It first caught my eye because of the fabric and it was lovely to put together and a great pattern. My mum loved it and it will be on it's way to her next week. I think I will make the bag again, though, as it was fun to make and is a great size. 
A very productive, enjoyable first day!
Teresa xx

17 comments:

Maria said...

Oh how I wish I could have joined in all the fun...

Jeanette said...

Fun, fun, fun. Love the bag. Hugs, xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your bag is lovely Teresa and glad you had a fun time. Bet you had the fire going up there...brrr!

Sandi said...

Love your post....and I had forgotten all about the photo of Maci in the car...lol
So glad you were a cottage buddy even if I did keep you awake...xxx

Susan said...

Shame Maci couldn't join in! Looks like a fun time - and how lucky that the birthday girl does the cooking etc!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds and looks perfect...lots of spoiling, how wonderful...

Noela said...

Sounds like a great retreat. hugs....

Melody said...

Looks like the most fun. Wish I was there.

Fiona said...

I heard all the noise from here...
Hugz

marina said...

looks like you have been having a ball.
shame the kitten didn't come along too.

Chookyblue...... said...

retreats are so much fun.........

norreen dolan said...

Glad you had a lot of fun at glen rose.I just love your bag the colours are beautiful can't wait till next year for the retreat, see you Tuesday x

norreen dolan said...

Glad you had a lot of fun at glen rose.I just love your bag the colours are beautiful can't wait till next year for the retreat, see you Tuesday x

Karen said...

What a fabulous retreat. Your projects look great.
Obviously a great time.

Christine said...

It looks like you had such a wonderful weekend! Your mum could only be pleased with that lovely bag too.

shez said...

Hi Teresa i love hearing how much fun you girls have,what a lovely bag Maree had put together for you all and how much fun was Helen's,love your bag your mum will be so pleased with it,thankyou for sharing my lovely friend..xx

Me and My Stitches said...

Such fun! Can't wait to see more!