Thursday, June 5, 2014

Tamborine Mountain

Yesterday was my day off. I love Wednesdays!!! I decided it was high time for a drive up to Tamborine Mountain.  
It's been so long since I made the trip up there and I don't know why I don't go there more often!!! It's really not that far and it's so beautiful up there. 
So I really made the most of my trip and made sure I went and visited all my absolute favourite spots! The Botanical Gardens was my first stop. Even though it's not the perfect time of the year to visit, it was still beautiful. How gorgeous are the bromeliads?
I went with two of my favourite people! 
It was lovely and cool there too. I still can't believe it's 26 degrees today and it's winter!!!! 
Then a trip to Gallery Walk and lunch at Tamborine Winery - with it's world famous pies.  Pepper steak for me and it was delicious. 
Next stop ....  a walk out to Knoll Lookout. Just as breathtaking as always. 
So beautiful here. 
Just a few sweet buys came home with me. I found this gorgeous scarf and vintage doily from my favourite shop Bygone Days. I could live in this shop! It is full of so many beautiful and old world things. 
And of course no trip to the mountain would be complete without a trip to the lolly and fudge shop. A piece of coffee and walnut fudge and some chalk licorice. It was a wonderful day!!!! And a very special day! 
To finish off a perfect day? 
A cuppa and homemade chocolate and salted caramel cupcake (made by Jacks fiancé) yum!!!!
And a bit of stitching of course!! Sigh!! Love this Mouse Pincushion pattern! 
Hope you're having a lovely week!
Teresa xx

11 comments:

Melody said...

Sounds like a perfect day

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Should have gone up on Sunday and I would have meet you standing in that exact spot by those broms. Certainly is a lovely place.

Jeanette said...

A very lovely day out for you. Hugs, xx

Sandi said...

lovely photos....I love all the same places for food too...the pies there are yummy and the fudge is divine...your stitchery is looking good too...cya Tuesday.xx

Deb said...

I told you Teresa, everything I see your name I think of food. I read the post title and said to myself mm Toblerone Mountain--duh!!! What on earth is chalk licorice. I love licorice and have never heard of that, I must be missing something.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love Tambourine Mountain! What a great day out. Loved all your piccies.

Susan said...

Beautiful day out in my lovely part of the world. Love how your little mouse is going.

Susan said...

It is such lovely weather at the moment...Tambourine is a great place to enjoy it too. Chalk licorice??...Please explain...
That pincushion is so cute.

Christine said...

Lovely spot and very nice vintage finds! The pincushion gets cuter every post.

marina said...

looks like a beautiful spot,
love the next part of your mousey pin cushion..

Karen said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day!