Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Some Stitching and Gossiping

had a lovely day today with my stitching group. I really look forward to my Tuesdays! 
Sandi made the most delicious mandarin cake. I don't think I have ever had one before. It was really good! 
We are working on our Natalie Bird "mouse pincushion". One side is finished with it's embroidery and little pocket. Wool appliqué is on a second side and we will stitch that down next week.
Today I worked on the side with the paper pieced hexies. I am loving this pincushion! 
This months block of Gossip in the Garden is finished. Lots of little pieces of fabrics in the 4" squares! I nearly went crazy!!!
I have done some prep work on next months Dresden plate blocks. There are four of them with a little stitchery in the centre. This quilt is so much fun!!! I will see the Sunday Stitching girls, who are doing this quilt with me, this weekend and I can't wait to see everyone's progress! 
Today I received a wonderful email from a lovely blogging friend, Roz, who I met way back when I first started blogging (5 years ago!). She was my first ever swap partner and we were in a "paper bag swap". It was so lovely to hear from her and take a photo of my gorgeous swap presents she made for me. I love the things people make for me. I love that a little piece of them is in that handmade treasure. I have been very lucky over the years! It made my day hearing from you Roz! 
Hope you are having a lovely week!
Teresa xx

12 comments:

Susan said...

I'm loving your pincushion, love the variety of techniques in it. Your little blocks have turned out so well.

marina said...

loving all your projects, the hexies are a winner on your pin cushion.
can't wait to see all the progress for your sunday stitching group.

shez said...

Lovely post Teresa you have been very productive,well done.xx

Melody said...

Just love your mousey pin cushion.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Can't wait to see the pin cushion Teresa, and your blocks are awesome...

Susan said...

the mouse pincushion is coming along so well - Im looking forward to seeing them all lined up! Gossip is looking gr4est too - such a variety of techniques in that one too.

Fiona said...

lovely projects and fun watching the pincushion grow....
Hugz

Lynda said...

Lots of lovelies coming together at your place Teresa. Looks like you girls are good at keeping each other inspired.

Maria said...

I have bought that pincushion pattern and look forward to making it for a swap partner.
The other projects you are working on look fantastic too.
nice swap gifts.

Noela said...

Your pincushion is gorgeous. I have prepped the stitching blocks and hope to get the others or at least some done before Sunday. Not having a good week. Hugs....

Chookyblue...... said...

making great progress on your projects.........

Karen said...

That mouse pin cushion is looking lovely. Great work on those blocks, too.