Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Some Little Finishes

I have finally finished my mouse pincushion by Natalie Bird.
I just love it!!! So many lovely pieces to this and it is going to be a very handy addition to my sewing table. 
A little pocket on this side for threads and bits and pieces. 
This side has a little needle case with 2 pieces of wool felt inside. 
And a little scissor pocket on this side. 
I'm really happy with my pincushion. 
I was keen to get mine finished as the girls (Helen, Sandi and Norreen) all had theirs made at stitching yesterday.  Aren't they gorgeous? 
I have also finished my "Life is Beautiful" stitchery. Well it's not quite finished. I want to make it into a little mini quilt now.
This was so much fun to stitch and play with. 
This is a great free stitchery from Stacey at Bakercourt ...which you can find HERE. 
I have made this months 6" block to match my latest mini quilt charm. A little basket block. 
 Only one more charm to collect.
Today I have been sorting fabrics, patterns and kits and packing for my retreat next week. It looks like I'm going for a month. I hope I get at least half of what I'm taking finished!!! Some small projects, my Gossip in the Garden blocks, and a French General fabric quilt. Can't wait!!!! 
Hope you're having a lovely week!
Teresa xx

19 comments:

Susan said...

the mouse pincushions look great...the embroidery is absolutely gorgeous - enjoy the retreat...Im sure you are going to have a ball.

Maria said...

Beautiful pincushions.."... I am sure you will have a great time at retreat.

FIONA said...

It all looks fantastic Teresa! Love putting my Natalie Bird pincushion together too ... haven't quite finished it yet though! You have inspired me to drop everything else and finish it off !!! xx

sunny said...

Your pin cushion is fantastic~definitely a beautiful addition to any sewing room. I also love your stitchery. I've been seeing it around blog land the past few days.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

what can I say...wow!...wow!....wow!....and another wow!...and I bet you have a ball....

Christine M said...

Your pin cushion is gorgeous Teresa. The fabrics are so pretty. I love your stitched doily too.

Fiona said...

It's always such fun to visit your blog and so much prettiness.... all the pincushions are wonderful (I might need to get that pattern?????) and I just love your version of that stitchery on your vintage linen... gosh... so pretty. have a wonderful time at retreat...you know we are now expectign a lot of finishes????
Hugz

shez said...

wow Teresa this pin cushion so gorgeous and i love your life is so beautiful it is so pretty,i have just finished framing mine,hope you have a lovely day my friend.xx

Mistea said...

Gorgeous mouse pincushion. It looks like it was a fun project to make too.
Lovely stitching!
Happy weekend.

Jan said...


Wow, Teresa, such beautiful finishes. Big pats on the back and hugs to you! xx

norreen dolan said...

Pin cushions looks great love the photo .x

marina said...

those pincushions look gorgeous. What a great finish. That stitchery is amazing, I just had to download the pattern and stitching it on the doilie is perfect!
another beautiful little charm and block.
Great selection of projects to take on retreat. Have a great time!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely finishes Teresa. Love your embroidery xx

Virginia Juster said...

I love your work Teresa. Your embroidery is always so neat; inspirational. Those pin cushions are soooo cute! What a woman!
Virginia

Noela said...

Wonderful finishes Teresa. hugs.....

Marie said...

Sweet pincushions. You will all have lots of fun using them, I'm sure.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Love it on the doily. x

Me and My Stitches said...

What awesome pin cushions! I've never seen anything like them - really love the needle keep and little pockets - just adorable! Your charm bracelet is getting full! We are almost finished with the last charm, and are gearing up for Charming 3! I love your stitchery too - gorgeous stitches!

Christine said...

What a feast of beautiful things! I am definitely in love with your pincushion.