Sunday, June 1, 2014

Partying at the Chook Shed, but first.....

 
I have been "virtually" partying with Chooky to celebrate the Chooksheds second birthday. 
It has been amongst work and sleeping, but I have been right there in spirit with all of you and sewing as much as I could..
Before I show you what I made.... there is a quick note, an important note... from Chookyblue....
:Hope you can help....
And it only takes 2 seconds to sign the petition....

just wondering if you could help with something please...............I don't usually post private family matters but some of you know this already...........my sister asked if I would post this.......
She has pancreatic cancer and the drugs she is on are not covered by the PBS (medicine subsidy scheme in Australia). She has been having chemo (3 weeks on 1 week off) for over 2 years now......one of the good drugs she is using and is really helping her is ABRAXANE................
It has been a great benefit to her............the first 8 weeks costs her about $10,000...................
If you have breast cancer you can have it at a low cost on the PBS but if you have pancreatic cancer you can't...........
There is a petition to take to the Government to get this drug available on the PBS for Pancreatic cancer patients too or any other cancer it may help not just one type.......
Can you please spread the word on you emails, facebook etc and sign the petition..........
they need more signatures to take it to government.............
who knows you may be the next person to needs this drug or someone you love........
I found this article to read too...........
.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

I would just love it if you would consider signing this petition.... thank you.......


Now I'd like to show you what I've been up to!
I have a few gorgeous Michelle Palmer drawings that I have been really keen to make something with. They are ink on linen and very, very cute.
 I just love her artwork. I asked her to make me a few with a "sewing" theme.
I decided they would be perfect on sewing project folders... so that's what I've been playing with.
They are a good size (14" x 13") and zippered so nothing will fall out.  I've used up some lace and old doilies to "vintage" them up (it's what I love!!!)
The second one is similar with a change of fabrics, and some more lace and buttons. Love the cute little zipper pull I bought from one of our road trips.
I'm very happy with the way they've turned out, and I will have no trouble finding stitching projects to fill them up with (I have been using a plastic zip lock bag for one of them!!!)
 
Now the other project I made this weekend was a Cheer Bow!
Up until a few days ago, I didn't even know what that was!!!
A friend of Jacks is a dance teacher and amongst the things she teaches, she teaches Cheer leading. It is her birthday today and Jack is seeing her at a dance competition today with her birthday present.
 
So to top off the present he wanted me to make her a Cheer bow in her dance schools colours. I told him if he found a tutorial for me, I would make one. Don't you just love technology, google and youtube???
So 5 metres of ribbon later.... a quick lesson on the computer.... and we have a cheer bow.
 
I didn't realise they wore such huge bows!!!!
I hope you have had a great weekend sewing and partying along with Chooky like I have!!!
Thank you so much for having me Chookyblue... it's been a lot of fun. 
Happy 2nd birthday!
Now I'd better think of something for dinner and get ready for work again.....
Have a great week!
Teresa xx

11 comments:

Marilyn said...

Love your project bags with their gorgeous embellishments. The cheerbow looks gorgeous. That took a lot of ribbon.
Lovely to join in with you all for the celebration party even if not for long.

shez said...

wow teresa those pouches are so cute,you are a clever chicky,the bow looks awesome,well done.xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Teresa your projecr bags are truly beautiful, big wow...

Susan said...

Such pretty project bags - almost too good to use!! a beautiful bow too - no doubt all your presents will now be adorned with a cheer bow?? (maybe not)

Susan said...

It's been a great weekend of sewing, I think everyone popped in and out. Your project folders are great, lovely embellishments. The drawings are amazing.....has she really drawn each one or screen printed them? That bow is wild.

Melody said...

so beautiful, I adore Michelle Palmers work

Lorraine said...

Love your project pouches and the drawings are very cute!! Well done with the bow!!

Chookyblue...... said...

great project bags......cut drawings.........thanks for the support with the petition.......and thanks for joining in the fun........

Christine M said...

Your pouches are just beautiful Teresa.

Fiona said...

I think my heart stopped when I saw your lovely project bags... they are just SENSATIONAL.... clever you with these pretty ideas... and great bow...
Hugz

Nanette said...

I love your pretty project bags, so much nicer than a ziplock.