Wednesday, May 28, 2014

This Months Projects

This month has been full of lots of handmade goodies. I love handmade! 
I think I would give any crafting a go - whatever it is. There is nothing quite like the satisfaction of producing something with your own two hands. 
One quick little project this month was this cute little rubbish bag. I got the fabric kit from Bayside Stitching on one of our road trips. 
It is supposed to be for in the car but I have been using it next to the sewing machine and it's very, very handy.  
I have finished and framed the stitchery we were given from Rosalie Quinlan in Melbourne. Thanks to Sandi who let me know about these square frames at Big W. The frame was exactly what I was looking for. 
I have been working on this months Gossip in the Garden block. Lots of little pieced blocks in this one and some appliqué. 
Just have to blanket stitch it. 
As usual it has been lots of work but lots of fun as well.  I am really loving this quilt. 
It was my turn to give a birthday present this month in my Friends in Stitching group.  My partner was the lovely Sarah from Patcheorks Plus. Our theme this year is a bag and it has to be in black and white. I made Sarah a lantern bag. 
Keeping with the black and white theme I also made a little tissue holder and I found a set of nail files in the right colours too. I know Sarah loves scorched almonds! 
It has also been the week of handmade slices! A friend tagged me with this Nutella cheesecake slice and Miche'le in NZ challenged me to make it. So of course I had to make it! The slice is absolutely delicious and one I will definitely be making again. I took the whole 16 slices to work as it was still in the process of setting. I came home with 3 slices so I think they liked it. 
I also made my favourite, quick and tasty passionfruit slice. I love this one as it is such a quick but yummy recipe. No fuss and only one bowl and tray. The Nutella slice, being 3 layers, created quite a bit of washing up and took a lot longer to make. But it was really good!!!! Hmmm dilemmas! 
Scrapbooking fun was also had this week with a card I needed with a "kitchen" theme. I made this little apron card and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. 
So lots of creating fun has been achieved. 
Today I had a wonderful day with the girls  and my Tuesday stitching group. Lots of laughing and fun as well as some stitching, yummy treats to eat and a good read of the latest Daphne's Diary magazine. Love these girls to bits and I always enjoy our days together. 
Hope you are having a great week!
Teresa xx



10 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow......lots of wonderful projects happening this month, the nappy stack is awesome, and that rubbish bag what a great idea...

Susan said...

What a month! The frame works really well. Love the sound of the nutella cheesecake.

marina said...

what a great little bag, very nice fabrics.
your framed stitchery looks gorgeous a nd I love your new block in progress.
such pretty fabrics.
Looks like you have been eating some lovely sweeties!

Tatkis said...

Wow, you've been busy! Love-love my nappie cake :)
The frame is perfect for the stitchery. Can't wait to see next Gossip's block :)
xxx

Val Spiers said...

What a lot of lovely things you have going on there. Love the framed stitchery.
Valspierssews

Jeanette said...

Lovely Teresa. Those cakes sure look yummy. Hugs,xx

Narelle said...

WOW you have been busy in sewing room Kitchen working and out and about. Makes me tired reading about all the wonderful things that you get up to.
Hugs
Rell xx

Teresa said...

Thanks Narelle. Wish you were here xxx

Dianne said...

Great to follow yourGossip in the garden Pics. I am making it too and it is loads of fun and lots of new challenges for me. The kitchen creations look superb but where is the recipe for that passion fruit slice? Thanks for an interesting blog to look at. Dianne

Karen said...

Lots of very busy things happening for you. It is always great to see the projects you are up to.