Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pretty Things

 
I received a gorgeous parcel this week from Me and My Stitches. She makes the most beautiful miniature quilts and Sandi and I have been collecting them each month for our charm bracelets. I've included a paper clip in the photo so you can see just how tiny these are. They are perfect! The bottom two flower blocks are this months charm. I've got myself an extra pineapple block charm (because I just couldn't resist it!!!) and the two heart charms are also extras. One is mine and the other I got for Sandi for her birthday. I think the hearts are just gorgeous.
Each charm comes with a pattern to make a six inch block. I've yet to tackle the pineapple block!!
My bracelet so far... I just love it.
I have been playing around with papers and cards this week and made this cute little box, decorated with lace and some bling.
It was the perfect size for Sandi's charm.
I was having so much fun, I also made some cards and bookmarks....
I made this card for my Mum and I wonder if you can guess what it is???
It is a soundwave... of me saying "I love you" ... isn't that cool? I saw it on FB and they had put the picture of their soundwave into a locket for a loved one and I just loved the idea. Luckily for me, Jack knew how to do this as I had no idea...
Another parcel of gorgeousness this week from Theordora Cleave... Just love the thread holder, and the cute little cotton reels, button and "vintage french" fabrics.  Love, love, love it all 
Todays photo challenge was "where I want to be:"..... My answer is... "With the ones I love (oh and in Paris, of course!"...and I was very lucky to get my wish....
I had a wonderful day with my Mum yesterday...I can't believe she was actually here, in my house.... it has been so many years since that has happened. She is about a 5 hour drive from here at the moment, so they made the trip out. It was such a wonderful day, catching up on all the news, having lunch, eating some chocolate easter eggs, going through all the stuff I've made, and even doing some mending for her. I love her to bits and I can't tell you how good it was to have her here!
Anyway... back to reality today and the normal day to day activities... sigh!!!
Hope you are having a wonderful day
Teresa xx

12 comments:

shez said...

oh Teresa how good was it that you got to spend some time with your mum,how precious and i love the sound wave card,how special is that,and i love all your buys ,enjoy my friend and i hope you are having a wonderful day.xx

Larissa said...

Love, Love, LOVE it all!! So good to see you enjoyed some time with your mum!!!

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

How wonderful to have your Mum visit. Your charm bracelet is cute. I love that the photo a day challenge could come true.

Fiona said...

such a lovely post Teresa, you always manage to create the feel good moments.... those little charms are just charming (pun pun) and how lovely to have the day with your mum
Hugz

Marilyn said...

Oh how special to have your mum come visit you in your house and to be able to share your projects with her. Treasure every moment of those times, and store them up in your heart. (I know you do that already). Your charms are so gorgeous, and I love how you can make the matching quilt block.

Susan said...

I love how much you love your mum, so special. The charms are so cute, your bracelet will be gorgeous when it's finished.

Me and My Stitches said...

Glad you love your charms! Do you have that pineapple block finished yet? Lol! So happy for you that you were able to spend time with your mom - what a fun day.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love all you have been up to. How cool was your card! I can see by your happy face in the photo that you loved your special time with your Mum.

Susan said...

As you said...Pretty things - a lovely day for you to have your mum there.

marina said...

those little charms are just too gorgeous!
very sweet little box and your card is wonderful.so wonderful you got to have your mum visit with you.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Those charms are just gorgeous...special times with your mum, what a great day...

Karen said...

The charms are so gorgeous and so is the block.
Lovely work with the cards and the box, too.
Lovely photo of you and your mum.