Thursday, April 17, 2014

Fat Quarter Cupcakes

This is how the girls got their birthday fat quarters from me this month....
I wanted to give them in a special way and I liked the idea of giving a little birthday cup cake. 
My first attempt was using patty pans. 
 
So simple - just fold the fat quarter to the height you want. Roll tightly leaving the centre a little higher. 
I folded the last bit over and it helps to hide the raw edges. 
 
Tie some cute ribbon around your "cupcake" to hold it all together. 
You can finish it off with a candle to really make it look like a birthday cake. I needed names on mine for the birthday girls so I made tiny flags from card stock and attached them to toothpicks (flag poles!). 
I find this type of cupcake pan really good to hold the fabric bundle in place. 
Just a bit of fun! 
Hope you're having a great day! 
Teresa xx

15 comments:

Lorraine said...

They look amazing Teresa! Very festive!

Fiona said...

how clever.. thanks for showing how to do that.. I love them...
Hugz

Sarah said...

WOW!! They look great Teresa! I have seen them rolled up in muffin cases, but don't look as good!

Susan said...

Fantastic idea Teresa.....and no fat either!

Louise Jane said...

What a clever idea. It would look great at Christmas time with some Christmas fabric. No calories either.

sunny said...

What a clever idea! A super special little touch.

Karen said...

What a fun way to give a gift!!

Marilyn said...

Thank you for presenting our fat quarters in such a yummy way. They looked so good. Love all my fqs.

Larissa said...

They're very cute T!! <3

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love them.... so cute and low fat!!!

Susan said...

I thought that was very creative Teresa....

Cattinka said...

Thats a very nice idea for a small gift for a sewing friend. It would make everyone happy!
KATRIN W.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

So so clever!! And fat free.... ;-)

Jantine said...

I havevdone some catching up reafing. Great to see what you were up to! Love the cupcakes!

JEllen said...

Oh how adorable are these! Thank you for sharing.