Friday, April 25, 2014

Anzac Day

Lest We Forget
Thinking of my Dad today as he marches in the city.
He makes me so proud and I'm very, very lucky he's my dad. 
Anzac Biscuit Recipe
(I like my Anzac biscuits chewy... so this is how I make mine....)
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
1/2 cup SR flour, sifted
1 cup dessicated coconut
 1 cup brown sugar
125 g unsalted butter, chopped
1 tbspn golden syrup
2 tbspn boiling water
1 tsp bicarb soda

Combine oats, flour, coconut and sugar in a bowl. 
Heat butter and syrup in a small saucepan until melted. 
In a separate small bowl combine water and bicarb soda. Stir into butter mixture.
Poor mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
Using clean hands, roll tablespoons of mixture into balls.
Place on greased and lined oven trays. Leave room between the biscuits as they spread. 
Bake for 15 to 20 mins in warm oven (150 C)
Cool on trays for 5 mins before moving to wire racks to cool completely. 
Makes approx 24 chewy biscuits.
Teresa xx


3 comments:

sunny said...

Lest we forget....
I'd like to make your biscuits. Do you know what an American alternative to golden syrup is?

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lest We Forget.......great recipe

shez said...

lest we forget