Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sew Together Bag

I have so many photos and stories to share from the last two weeks.... I've been in Melbourne for just over a week and I went to the wonderful Lets Get Stitched event.  As well I stayed with family and had fun being a real tourist for awhile.... I am so far behind in blogging now that if I don't make a start, I might never catch up. 
So..... I will get to Melbourne and all the photos as soon as I can, but tonight I am sharing a sweet project I finished today....It's called the Sew Together Bag. 
 I found out about this pattern by Sew Demented (I just love that name!!) on The Quilt Barns blog. The beauty of this was it was a Sew Along... and so there were lots of lovely photos and instructions of the step by step process to make this bag. It's full of zips and pockets and the construction of it is just so clever. Zips are not my favourite thing to do, so I thought this would be a great challenge.
 
These are my chosen fabrics which I bought in Melbourne on our bus tour last week They are mostly from a range by Lynette Anderson.
 Now this is the exciting part..... inside is just full of zippered compartments. It was a lot of fun to make and I really thought I'd struggle with it... but surprise...surprise... it all came together nicely!
There is one more longer zip across the top and it forms the handles on each end and closes off the bag nice and neatly. The tutorials on The Quilt Barns blog really helped and make it so much easier to understand the directions on the pattern. 
I think I need to buy some more zips..... I feel like making another one now!
Just had to show you one more photo.... of my crazy cat. I can't believe this is where Squeaky decided to have a little nap... right in the middle of the sewing.... and she didn't move either... even when I was sewing right over the top of her. Silly cat!
Off to the craft show tomorrow with the girls....I only need some papers from Sue Daley and some zips... really.... that is all I am going to buy! 
Yeah I don't believe that either!
Have a great week!
Teresa xx

13 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

I'm a zipper-phobic, Teresa, but that look pretty enticing! Mmmm...might be something I should try. ;-)

Lynda said...

Looks fantastic Teresa. I have fabric from my trip to Vic last year to make mine.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a wonderful idea.....looks grear Teresa..

Susan said...

Great project. It looks so good in the fabrics you chose too. Have fun today.

Narelle said...

OH Teresa just love it and looks so beautiful in those fabrics.
Hugs
Rellxxx

shez said...

lol have a lovely day tomorrow with the girls and i love your bag,thankyou for the links i am going over to buy it now.xx

marina said...

welcome back, thought you may have been lost in transit?
Lovely bag, definitely an exercise in zippers. love the fabrics too!
good to see squeaky too, looks like she just wants to catch up on some attention.

marina said...

welcome back, thought you may have been lost in transit?
Lovely bag, definitely an exercise in zippers. love the fabrics too!
good to see squeaky too, looks like she just wants to catch up on some attention.

Karen said...

This is a gorgeous little bag and it looks so useful!!

Marilyn said...

That is a great bag. I have the pattern on my wishlist to buy one day when I have nothing else to do. (haha !!!!!!)Yours looks really good. The more zips you sew the easier then get to put in, and I no longer have any fear of using them.

Michelle Ridgway said...

A fantastic bag....funny little kitty. Squeaky obviously missed you and wasn't letting you out of sight.

Tatkis said...

Adorable bag! Certainly worth stealing ;)
xxx

Lynda said...

Found the tutorial - thanks Teresa.