Monday, March 31, 2014

Gail Pan Swap Part 2

Now I can show you what I made for my partner, Fiona, in our Friends in Stitching swap.
This is one of Gail Pans patterns that I have wanted to make for myself as well. It is her Cottage Garden Thread Holder. 
I really enjoyed stitching the front and used wonderful variegated cottage garden threads. 
Shell star-shaped buttons and ric rac on the front .....
And lots of pockets inside for your threads. 
Now to put this back on my To Do list for me.....
I managed a couple of shoofly blocks for my Gossip in the Garden quilt today and hopefully I'll get some more stitching done tomorrow on my day off. Well that's the plan anyway! Love this months block as it has a bit of everything in it - patchwork, appliqué and embroidery. 
Have a great week!
Teresa xx

14 comments:

Val Spiers said...

Beautiful stitching. The Gail Pan designs are lovely.
Valspierssews

Jeanette said...

Beautiful thread holder. Love your shoo fly blocks. Hugs, xx

marina said...

love the thread keeper, it looks gorgeous. Love your beautiful stitching and the little shell stars are perfect!
beautiful shoo fly blocks too....
enjoy your day off tomorrow, hope you get your stitching time

Susan said...

Gorgeous work Teresa, it's a lovely project. Your shell buttons are perfect for it. Have fun tomorrow.

Karen said...

Lovely work. Your thread holder is gorgeous!

Lorraine said...

The thread keeper is One of my favourite patterns from Gail. Love your thread choice! I am looking forward to starting Gossip soon....

Susan said...

I'm sure she will love it!...Got to keep focused on your Gossip deadline! its looking great.

shez said...

What a gorgeous thread holder Teresa ,I have loved seeing what everyone had been making,what a fun swap.xx

Me and My Stitches said...

Love this - your partner is very lucky!

Willow Grove - Kez said...

That is gorgeous. It was a great swap.

Fiona said...

such a pretty threadholder..... and lovely block.. that is a pretty quilt...
Hugz

Christine M said...

Your thread holder is just lovely Teresa.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I lover this pattern, yours is lovely...

Tatkis said...

Wow, your thread holder is awesome! xxx