Thursday, March 27, 2014

52 Week Scrap Challenge and a Bit of Fun

This weeks challenge was a lot of fun and just in time for Easter. 
A cute little bunny using up lots of fabric from my scrap basket. I wanted a vintage feel to my mini quilt so I've gone with florals and cream and beige fabrics. 
Reverse appliqué again in this project as we did in the heart bookmark a couple of weeks ago. Another great challenge from Anorina and her 52 week scrap challenge. 
This months block of Gossip in the Garden is slowly taking shape. 
As well I have made a few hexies for a future block as I want these fabrics throughout the whole quilt. 
Photo thanks to my gorgeous niece!
On another note - I had a lovely morning with my niece and my sister and mother in law today. We are all enjoying our birthdays this month and celebrated with a bit of pampering with manicures and pedicures - something I have never done before!!! 
I thoroughly enjoyed myself and relaxed with the pampering (or should that be panel beating???). I wonder how long they will look like this as I'm back at work tonight!!!! 
Even my toes got a make over. 
I have to admit I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would!!!! I may even go again!!!! Maybe.....
This is my youngest son with a new album and T-shirt he's bought of a favourite band. Can't believe we are back to buying albums (or vinyls as they're calling them these days!!). I'm loving it as we now have a new record player in the house and all my albums are getting played again!!! I'd hate to guess how many years it's been .....
  We are enjoying some lovely rain this week and the lawns and tanks are appreciating it!!! 
Hope you're having a great day.  
Teresa xx 


11 comments:

Karen said...

Love that bunny!
And it does look like you have been enjoying yourself!

marina said...

love your little bunny, so feminine and pretty.
your latest block looks gorgeous, love the tea pot fabrics.
lovely to have a little group pampering!
great to see everything old is new again.

Susan said...

Your little bunny is so pretty. Love the colours you're using in your garden quilt. Your nails look lovely....I've only had one manicure and it didn't last long with quilting and hand sewing.

Susan said...

So glad you enjoyed the pedicure! Toes & fingers look great - hope they still do!
What s cute bunny!

Noela said...

Lovely bunny quilt Teresa. Is that the next block? Haven't had time to do the first one yet, better get a move on. Missed you on Sunday but had a great time at Tamborine. Hugs.....

Lynda said...

Cute bunny Teresa and lots of fun things happening.

sunny said...

Love the bunny! Do you know where you got the pattern? He might be fun to make in different colors for one of the rainbow scrap challenges.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Good old records....cute bunny...love those toes..

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Love the bunny and the nails, and YAY for vinyl!!

Melody said...

A wonderful post with so much to comment upon. So glad you enjoyed your pedicure - I love them.

Mistea said...

Your bunny reminds me of the Lindt ones which are currently breeding! Very sweet.
Cute block for your quilt.