Thursday, February 20, 2014

Warwick (part 3)

If you're still with me ..... And I certainly understand if you're not .... These memories and photographs are for me when I'm old and grey and can't remember anything!!!! ....There was more happening on day 3.....
We had a lovely visitor today!!! The gorgeous Fiona came and spent the day with us. 
We ended up back in Warwick to our favourite shop/cafe Bryson's and had a lovely morning tea. Fiona and Michelle. 
Tatyana and Norreen. 
Jenny and Helen. 
Sandi and me! 
Michelle and Jenny. 
A bit more shopping was done and a walk around Warwick. 
Love the Town Hall! 
When Fiona left she gave us a game to play that evening. I can't remember what it was called but it should be called "how to lose all your friends instantly". Ha ha - we had so much fun - the aim was to open a present (and wonderful presents they were!!) and try not to have it stolen from you. It was pretty crazy and funny and even a bit naughty when someone didn't want to give up their gift!!!
Thanks so much Fiona for the fun you gave us - we are thinking of playing this game every retreat now. 
After the game Tatyana went through some amazing postcards, photos, letters and scrapbooks that Tess (Tereasa) has. They are all very old and in Russian. It was so much fun and so interesting as she read and explained so much of it to us. We sat around the table stitching and listening. It was like stepping back in time    and being in a story. Loved it. 
I did get some sewing down but most of it is for a swap and can't be shown just yet. It was great to get it finished. 
I also finished off a zippy pouch for a friend and made a mug rug. The flag block was from a quilt we made for a friend in the Friends in Stitching group I am in. I loved the block and thought it would make a great placemat or mug rug. 
What a great day. I was really ready for bed after all this fun and was pretty sad we were all going home the next morning. 
Today - last day at Warwick. 
A few photos of the roses ....
Thank you to all the lovely friends that helped make this a wonderful 4 days in Warwick. I had so much fun and loved being with you all. Can't wait to do this again!!!! When I've caught up on my sleep maybe!!! 
Teresa xx

18 comments:

marina said...

more great pics!
lovely to see some familiar faces and some new ones too.
beautiful mug rug.
I can see why you are so worn out from your retreat.

retdairyqueen said...

Just read your 3 Warick posts A great time had by all it would seem

Susan said...

A wonderful few days away, and so many happy memories made.

Maria said...

Sew nice to share your wonderful time with friends.. Lucky ladies

Lynda said...

Such a wonderful time away. Bad Santa is always fun to play especially when there's such great gifts on offer.

De said...

Still jealous that you all went and I stayed home and worked. Never mind xoxo

shez said...

Wonderful post Teresa,I love seeing you girls having so much fun,an d so wonderful that Michelle was with you girls and wonderful that Fiona got to catch up with you guys also,thankyou for sharing.xx

Marilyn said...

I think you all have had a wonderful time and had some great projects going on. Now I am keen for our time to go there again. Life is tough isnt it - one retreat to another, one stitching day to another. It's so good !!!

Cardygirl said...

What a lovely time.

Noela said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I can imagine it would have been very noisy. Hugs......

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Loved seeing and reading about your 4 days! Soooooo jealous....you are a blessing, Teresa, and you are blessed. Xxxxxx

Karen said...

I have enjoyed reading all 3 posts and seeing what you got up to. I looks like a lot of fun was had by all in a lovely location.

Dianne said...

Love that place but yet to go to a retreat there. One day.... The food and pressies all looked wonderful. Obviously a great time had by all.

Tatkis said...

Warwick is full of wonderful shops :) so happy with the LOVE sign I bought!
Fiona's presents are lovely!
xxx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

ohhh....Fantasitc photos so pleased you had such a great time Teresa...

Chookyblue...... said...

Glenrose will never be the same again with you lot...........looks like another wonderful time........shame I didn't get to pop in.........

Lorraine said...

Looks like an amazing time was had by all! I love the flag block I and I am lucky to have the quilt to look at every day!!

KAYLEE said...

Loved all of your photos and the story of your retreat Teresa, looks like everyone had a wonderful time. WOW I would love to do something like this - maybe when I've retired from work....