Thursday, February 20, 2014

Warwick (part 2)

The second day of retreat we woke up after a very heavy rainfall and everything was fresh and clean and green and beautiful! 
Today was very special as our lovely Tatyana is having a baby and we decided to throw her a baby shower!!! 
Beautiful place to have a party too! 
Pretty cups and saucers and lots of yummy food....
The gorgeous mum-to-be! 
After the party it was back to sewing and stitching.  
I just have to show you the lovely gifts we all received as well. Michelle spoilt us with a goody bag full of everything you need for a stitching afternoon with a friend. Gorgeous friendship cushion pattern, quilt labels, tea, coffee and chocolate! How lovely!!!
Sandi was also very naughty and surprised us with this sweet "blue" bag of goodies. The sweet little wrapped present is full of teeny blue buttons. So gorgeous and lovely. 
These little cuties also found their way home with me from Michele. I just couldn't resist them - they are adorable. 
I did do some sewing today! After deciding on the reproduction fabrics for my next big project "Gossip in the Garden" I spent the rest of the time achieving this....
 I have my first block ready to stitch. It is the largest block in the quilt too! I'm really happy with the fabrics.
I also made these two pouches from a pattern I got from the Glenrose shop. Just loved the fabric that Sandi chose and the cute zips. 
Sorry about all the photos but there was so much going on, so many things to photograph and remember. 
Another great day! 
Teresa xx

7 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks for sharing the fun of your latest retreat, Teresa. I'm doing Gossip in the Garden this year too; ordered the pattern this morning so it will keep me going for a while. Anni showed us some of the blocks when she came to our bloggers' lunch in Bathurst last year.

Tatkis said...

Thanks a lot my dear friend, love my presents :)) this tea was the best moment!! xx

marina said...

what lovely goodies!
love your fabrics for your block.the block looks gorgeous. Are you blanket stitching the applique or needleturn?

Susan said...

Now I have more retreat envy! How exciting will it be when Tatyana's baby joins the group? I love the fabrics you chose for Gossip in the Garden. Gorgeous pouches.

shez said...

Oh that is such wonderful news that Tatkis is having a baby,such a special time,lovely pics Teresa.xx

Cardygirl said...

Looks like lots of fun...love your bog block and the repro fabrics.

Noela said...

Trust you to have the Gossip in the Garden block prepared. Better pick out my fabrics I guess so I can catch up. Hugs......