Monday, February 3, 2014

Some Sewing Stuff.....

 
I have been doing some really "FUN" sewing lately....
This is my latest softie.... a very (non) scary dinosaur. She is a birthday present and is in the mail and on her way to the recipient. I hope she likes her.
 
Isn't she scary looking? ha ha!
She's a wonderful pattern by Dolls and Daydreams. You just have to love our easy, fast technology these days. A photo popped up on my Instagram feed .... it was a photo of 2 of these cute dinosaurs made by the lovely De. Immediately I knew I had to make one ... it was the perfect gift for someone I knew. A quick comment on De's photo to ask where she got the pattern..... Immediately I was stalking Dolls and Daydreams site and found the pattern I needed. Straight on to purchasing and two minutes later the PDF pattern was sitting in my inbox. The printer quickly turned out the pattern and I was away looking for fabric... all within an hour of first seeing the original Dinosaur photo. I love it!
 
I've used some of the gorgeous fabric I bought from the 1700's Quilt Exhibition. The green and blue heart fabric was reproduced from a design on a patchwork quilt made in Brittain and dated 1797. Makes it even more special.
Remember this sitchery? Well it's finally finished. I bought a yukky old brown frame, painted it blue and distressed the heck out of it. Now I love the frame and I'm really happy it's all together and finished. Love the stitchery and the words so much. Another wonderful Annie Downs pattern!
 
This is my next project. Well sort of.... 
I'm in a Gail Pan swap with the girls in Friends in Stitching. While looking through Gails patterns to find something to make for my partner, I came across this cute little pincushion kit. So it found it's way home to me as well as the pattern for my partner. It was too cute to pass up. And I LOVE cottage garden threads. 
Nice to finally get some sewing and stitching under my belt!
I hope you've found the time (and the mojo in my case) to stitch up some fun projects this week too. 
Hope you're having a wonderful day!
Teresa xx

15 comments:

Susan said...

Cute dinosaur. PDF patterns are amazing, and can be a little dangerous too. Lovely kit from Gail.

Cardygirl said...

That is the cutest dinosaur! I love PDF patterns too!

shez said...

such beautiful work teresa and i do love your dinosuar.xx

Mistea said...

She sure is a cute dinosaur in her lovely dress.
Gorgeous reds for the pincushion.
Enjoy your stitching.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your projects, I hope you are better Teresa x

Jeanette said...

Such a cute dinosaur. Love the stitchery. Hugs, xx.

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Preciosos trabajos, la cocodrila es muy graciosa, besos

marina said...

cute as dinosaur,
love your stitchery and the frame looks so perfect!
very pretty pincushion project, enjoy.

Karen said...

Lovely dinosaur.
And the framed stitchery looks great. Lovely work.
Good luck with the next project.

Noela said...

Lovely work Teresa. Hugs......

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

The frame is so pretty now, you did a great job, matches in perfectly with the stitching.

Happy creating.
Bev.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

What a gorgeous Annie Downs stitchery. Think I'd better make that this year. :-)
I've been painting frames too! Don't they add something special to a stitchery?!
Love yours.

hugs
Jenny
x

Lorraine said...

I love PDF patterns - they satisfy my must-have-it-now mentality! Love your finishes and the painted frame looks great! I love using the Cottage Garden threads and you can't go wrong with Gail's designs!

Susan said...

Technology can be great (mostly) - that dinosaur is so cut.

Tatkis said...

What a cute Dino toy!
Wonderful frame for your stitchery, simply perfect!

See you soon :)
Tatyana xx