Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Little Houses, Gossiping and a Finish

 
A while back I saw on the lovely Marina's blog these cute little house blocks. I've always loved these blocks and it inspired me to have a go. You only have to look at Marina's gorgeous Blog header to see how wonderful they are!! She has made so many! 
 
She also got me onto this amazing stamp made by Jaenneke to help make the process a LOT easier. You can see lots more of these cute little houses in quilts and all about the stamps HERE.
. I thought I'd start off with one house to see how I'd go (that's the little one at the top of this post)...
They are very addictive.... I hope I can find the time to make some more .... I am really enjoying the process!!!! The house parts fit onto a charm square perfectly and you can get two window and door sections on the one charm. But the beauty of them being so small is that my scrap basket is going to come in handy as well. They don't take much fabric to make.
 I am also making Hatched and Patched's latest quilt "Gossip in the Garden". I love Anni Downs patterns and this quilt is so quirky and cute. I've decided to do it in reproduction prints. This means I can add lots of my fabrics I already have into the quilt and it will go with what I already have. I was tempted to do it in 30's fabrics... but that would mean having to buy all the fabric needed.
These top two photos are some of the fabrics I've started with and this.....
.... is the first block. I am going to try and keep up with the girls in my Sunday Stitchers group who have decided to do this quilt as well. We've decided on this block to start us off and it is the largest block (of course!!!).
Yesterday with the Tuesday Girls I finished this little stitchery and then went home and finished it completely...
It is Gail Pan's cute little red cottage pincushion.
I loved making this!
While with the girls on Tuesday, Sandi had some show and tell. Isn't this Christmas quilt simply gorgeous???? I love it ... love the colours and fabrics.... and love the cute appliques... Clever girl!!! Think I'll put my name on the back of this quilt... ha ha...
So after all that sewing yesterday and into the night.... what was I still doing at 3 am this morning??? Yep I was still awake and watching my crazy son Jack make this gorgeous cake.... Isn't he clever??? This is what happens when you work nights!!!! Your days become nights and your nights become days!!! It's madness! 
Just love this.... I think it sums me up perfectly!!!!!
Hope you're having a great day!!!!
Teresa xx

15 comments:

Susan said...

You will need that cute little 2014 pincushion for all the fabulous sewing you'll be doing this year. Love the little houses, and your first GITG block looks fantastic.......and some cake to eat while you sew!

Karen said...

So much happening. The houses are wonderful. I can see a lot of fun there.
Great fabrics for the Gossip pattern. Her designs are so delightful.The first block is looking good!
Gorgeous little stitchery and pin cushion.

Jeanette said...

Such cute little houses. Had hoped to get my fabrics out today for gossips but a headache had other ideas. Love the pincushion. Hugs, xx.

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Preciosos trabajos, la tarta tiene una pinta riquísima!!!! besos

shez said...

wow you sure have been busy teresa and love all your beautiful projects and Jack sure is an impressive cook,that cake looks so yummy.xx

marina said...

Love your little houses and great idea of the stamp on the clear ruler. welcome to the construction business!
very pretty block and your pincushion is very sweet.
Sandi's quilt looks beautiful

Susan said...

Gosh those houses are so tiny - I'll bet the stamp makes a huge difference! Loving your Gossip...
Choc cake looks great too - at any time of the day.

Jantine said...

I only made three when they started here in the Netherlands last year (you know Jeanneke launched a one house a day project?). I did start another Jeanneke project though, 6 pointed stars in purple ;-)...

Lorraine said...

Love your Gossip block...I am tempted to buy the pattern and was undecided about fabric choice...hadn't thought of reproduction fabrics...but am loving yours! Those teeny houses are v cute!

Christine M said...

Cute houses. I love the fabrics you are going to use in your Gossip quilt Teresa. Lovely pin cushion too.

katrien said...

I have also maked a little quilt of the houses.

Nice works you do.

Have a nice time.

Jeanneke.com said...

Hi Teresa,
your little houses look great!
I'm working on the 'Gossip in the Garden' quilt also right now.

Tatkis said...

Lovely houses everywhere! And your fabric choice for Anni's quilt is just perfect! xx

Denise Cullen said...

Do you know where I could buy the house stamp set. the etsy store does not have them anymore.

Denise Cullen said...

Do you know where I could buy the little house stamp? the easy shop is closed.