Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Falling Back to Earth

 
We had a wonderful day today... with a trip into the city... to one of my absolutely favourite places... the Gallery of Modern Art. 
I enjoyed this exhibition so much! "Falling Back to Earth" is amazing and definitely worth a visit (or two!).
  
It was so nice to have plenty of time today to check out all the gardens and sculptures in the grounds of GOMA.
We had a lovely lunch at the Cafe and then strolled around the gardens for a bit. The day was glorious... perfect blue skies and temperature.
I love this elephant sculpture on it's head. I remember this caused quite a stir when the Gallery bought it as it was soooo expensive.Then it was on to the exhibit... Cai Guo-Qiang's "Falling Back to Earth". This one is called "Head On" and is simply amazing with 99 man-made animals that look sooo real. I love that you can walk right up to them and around them and you feel like a part of it.



"Eucalyptus" is truly incredible and I'm so happy today I finally got my answer ... "How did they get that tree in to the exhibition hall?"
Tori, sketching the magnificent tree. It is touching every wall and ceiling.
This is, by far, my favourite place and exhibit. "Heritage". It's so beautiful and peaceful. Another 99 man-made animals of every kind. All drinking together and at peace with each other.

The gorgeous mother and baby giraffe locking legs together.



 
 I got to see all this with some of my favourite people.... youngest son Jack and fiance Tori....
and my uncles... Love catching up with these two!
 
Best of all the Farmers Markets were on in the city and we were there! This is my delicious bounty....
Olive and cheese bread, ciabatta, spinach and ricotta ravioli, fresh Napoletana sauce, lasagne and chicken ravioli in mushroom sauce. We had a feast for dinner tonight!!!
 
.....and some good for you - but delicious - raw cacao goodies... with lemon and chia, dates and figs. Yummo!!!
Such a lovely, fun day and now I'm totally exhausted after all that walking and sunshine and laughing. 
Hope you're having a lovely week....
Oh and if you're in Brisbane and get the chance... the exhibit is on until May this year. 
Teresa xx

6 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

Wow! What an amazing exhibition! I don't blame you for going twice! Thanks so much for sharing - so awesome!

Lorraine said...

Thanks for sharing!! stunning!! and the goodies from the market look amazing as well....

Susan said...

Thanks for the tour, lovely to take advantage of so many local adventures.

Dianne said...

That exhibit is truly amazing. It is a wonderful place GOMA and Brissy is lucky to have it. Glad you could get to enjoy the exhibition and the surrounds which I always love to take in when we visit. Thanks for sharing it.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Fabulous! A favourite place of mine too!!!

Pansy said...

A wonderful outing with people you love, what could be nicer x we are going to see it on Friday after picking Jesse up from the airport yahhh xxx cant wait