Friday, February 28, 2014

Charms and More Sewing

This months tiny quilted charm has arrived and been added to my bracelet. 
It's a crazy patchwork charm and I have made the 6 inch block as well. 
My three charms so far....
And my three blocks. Thank you Julie (Me and My Stitches) - I just love these tiny little works of art!! 
Yesterday I was able to fit in some more sewing time. 
I made another zippy pouch (this one for my mum). These are the most handy project bags. I can't get enough of them and it's all thanks to the gorgeous Mariilyn and her wonderful tutorial HERE. It's great being able to see inside with the clear plastic on the front, and the zip makes it all very secure. 
Now I thought I'd show this photo of some exciting parcels waiting for me to open. I am being extremely good (out of character!!!) and have not peeked, shaken or squeezed any of them!!! Roll on Monday I say ..... I can only wait so long!!!
Now this also arrived for me and thankfully it was from my mum and she "allowed" me to open this early (thanks mum!!). There was the most beautiful card full of beautiful words. There was also this cute glasses case made in a fabulous owl fabric. Inside was money for me to spend in Melbourne next week. I am so lucky and I have the most thoughtful, wonderful mum. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 
When I'm in Melbourne I am hoping to catch up with her there as she will be about a 3 hour drive away. I can't wait!!! This is going to be an amazing trip as I will be catching up with so many blogging friends, lots of friends I haven't seen since Adelaide last year and then I'll be seeing my brother and sister-in-law for a few days and my Mum and Frank. Talk about a friend/family overload!!!! 
I best get ready and at least pack something for this trip!!! 
Hope you're ready for a great weekend!
Teresa xx

10 comments:

Noela said...

Happy Birthday for Monday Teresa. We are celebrating with Kym tomorrow, my baby will be 37, a bit scary. Hugs....

Susan said...

Sounds like a birthday festival, have a great week!

marina said...

don't know how you resisted opening those parcels!
Melbourne is waiting for you.....

Fiona said...

love those little charms and the charming blocks you make... what lovely fabric for the zippy bag for your mum... now be patient with your parcels...
Hugz

shez said...

such beautiful work you have done teresa and boy you are going to be busy next week,see you soon.xx

Me and My Stitches said...

Love your blocks that match your charms! Cute bag for your mom! I don't know how you have resisted those packages - I would have ripped right into them! Have a fun week and a happy birthday!

Melody said...

Your little charms are delightful. happy birthday to you.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gorgeous little charms and love their blocks too...well done. You know I just love those project zippy bags. I hope you have a wonderful time in Melbourne xx

Karen said...

The charms and blocks are lovely.
Have a great time in Melbourne.

Karen said...

The charms and blocks are lovely.
Have a great time in Melbourne.