Sunday, December 15, 2013

My Angel, A Recipe and Memory Lane.....

 
I am so happy to have my Christmas Tree complete... This cute little Raggedy Annie Angel arrived all the way from California yesterday... just in time for Christmas. Isn't she adorable? I just love her.  
I think she looks right at home on top of the tree. She is beautifully handmade by Nicole from Raggedy Old Annies and she has done a beautiful job making her for me.
I have tried this recipe for making Cherry Ripe balls and if you like Cherry Ripes... then you are going to love these!!! Nice and easy to make and eat!!!

Cherry Ripe Balls

You will need...
5-6 cherry ripe bars
1 packet of Nice biscuits or any similar biscuit
2 tablespoons of cocoa
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Desiccated coconut for rolling


How you do it...

Crush up the biscuits, nice and fine. Add the cocoa and mix together. I cut up the cherry ripes as fine as I could, but honestly, small chunky pieces of cherry ripe throughout is not a problem when you're eating these!!! Add the condensed milk and mix well. Because it's been so hot here and my mixture started to melt, I put the mix in the fridge for awhile before I did the next step! All that's left is to roll the mixture into balls and then roll in the coconut. I put a couple of drops of red food colouring in the coconut and they look lovely like this!
Eat them and enjoy them!!!! Simple!!!

Lots of wrapping has been going on here and I'm loving the red and white paper doilies I found to help.
Along with the Reindeer and Snowman poop I made (earlier post) I have also put together some Grinch pills. There are so many great ideas out there for little Christmas gifts.
Now for the Memory Lane bit.... Yesterday I went into the city to go to the theatre with my Uncle. It was a show that I haven't seen for many, many years, but a show I remembered very fondly from my childhood.
Did you guess?
It was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I remember it very well. When the movie first showed (many years ago) they brought the original car from the movie out to Australia. My parents took my sister and I to see the car and then we went to the movie. It was wonderful.
Seeing this car at the show yesterday brought back a lot of memories. The show was wonderful and I truly felt like a kid again. It was such a great night.When I was talking to my Mum today about the show she reminded me about the dresses she made my sister and I that were from the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang dress pattern. I had forgotten all about it.
Well it's not the best photo, but you can see us here in our gorgeous dresses Mum made for us. We were quite the ladies with out white stockings and gloves!!.
I hope you're having a wonderful weekend and enjoying the last part of Sunday arvo!!!
Teresa xx

13 comments:

Melody said...

Such a fabulous post, it brings back memories too. I had little white gloves - just loved them.

Marilyn said...

Your Raggedy Annie Angel is just gorgeous and looks great sitting on top of the tree. Lovely memories from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

retdairyqueen said...

Iam definitely going to try the Cherry ripe balls Yum

marina said...

your raggedy angel is lovely.
what lovely memories brought back by seeing the show.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh I love your raggedy Angel. We are great raggedy fans in our family. Got to try that recipe. What lovely memories for you.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your angel is so cute....thanks for the recipe nice to take a walk down memory lane...

Maria said...

Wow! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang dresses! What a lovely photo of you and your sister and what wonderful memories for you. Love the angel; she's magnificent :-)

Fiona said...

great post...
Hugz

Noela said...

Lovely post Teresa. Hugs.....

Mistea said...

We saw that movie at the drive in a rare treat for my family - no dressing up for that.
Lovely pictures and those cherry balls look delicious along side the cherries.
Enjoy your week.
(I think I must need those Grinch pills, no signs of Christmas here!)

Karen said...

Your Annie Angel looks gorgeous.
What a delight!
Thanks for sharing your recipe. it sounds delicious.
Looks like you are organised for Christmas.

KAYLEE said...

Those Cherry Ripe balls look and sounds amazing, I think I will give them a go...

Pansy said...

Adorable old photo & album, and the cutest little Raggedy Annie Angel just perfect!