Tuesday, December 17, 2013

James Graduation

Yesterday was a pretty special day in our family. My eldest son graduated from University and we had all the pomp and ceremony last night. He now has his Bachelor of Multimedia. 
I was a very proud mum, to say the least.
Just a few family photos to remember the occasion.   
The four of us! 
I think he was the only one in a bow tie (Trust him to do something a little different) but there was a guy in a superman shirt and he stole the show. 
This isn't a very good photo, but it was taken before he was given his degree and in the Concert Hall where it all took place.  I've never seen so many people taking so many photos in one place!!! 
We had a wonderful night (albeit a long one!)
Before the graduation we went into the city early to see the Christmas decorations. 
All through the Mall there are huge decorations - this one of the teddy bear is my favourite. 
The windows of Myer are all decorated and animated again. I used to go and see these displays years ago with my
 Mum and Dad. 
It was lovely to see they still do these Christmas displays. 
We also went to King George Square to see the tree. 
After the graduation ceremony we went out to celebrate. 
We had an amazing dinner of tapas at the Lychee Lounge. I can't talk up this wonderful little place (at West End) enough. When they found out James had just come from his graduation they gave us an unbelievable price on the tapas and free beers for the boys. The atmosphere there is fantastic. 
Walking back through the city late in the night I see they have put lights inside all the silver balls at the top of the Mall. They change colour and look amazing. 
It was such a great night and I am always so proud of my boys, so it was wonderful to see James rewarded for all his hard work and dedication. 
I actually fell asleep in the car on the way home - I was so exhausted! And my face was aching after all that grinning! 
I've had another huge day today with the Tuesday stitching girls Christmas party! I think a short Nanna nap is in order. 
Have a great day!
Teresa xx

16 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations James. Fantastic achievement. And well done to the support crew too! It always makes me smile to read posts about your wonderful relationship with your boys. Enjoy.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Well done James!
You were probably still smiling in your sleep too!!
What a wonderful day!

shez said...

congrats James on your wonderful achievement,i love his spotted bow tie,thankyou for sharing your wonderful pics of such an awesome night.xx

Cath said...

Congratulations. It is that time of year. We went to our sons graduation on Thursday.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Michelle Ridgway said...

A wonderful achievement for James and a very proud moment for Mum and Dad. Great celebration. Myer Christmas windows have always been a family favorite of ours too. Love the bear!

Susan said...

Congratulations to James - a proud moment for you all. Those ornaments are so huge.

Marilyn said...

Lovely family photos, and well done to James. I like his spotty bowtie.
We went to have a look at the Myer windows last week - they always look amazing dont they.

Cardygirl said...

What a lovely day!

marina said...

congratulations to James,
love all the family pics, can definitely feel the love

Fiona said...

well done James... and what a perfect way to celebrate the whole occasion...
Hugz

Christine M said...

Congratulations to James.

Lynda said...

Such a fabulous day for your family - congratulations to James (and to you for getting through it).

KAYLEE said...

That's wonderful, it sure is a proud moment for all, I experienced the same in July of this year. The photos of the Mall and C'mas things look great, I'll have to head up tomorrow before I miss out....

Karen said...

Congrats to your son - that is a wonderful achievement. What a great night!

Jantine said...

Congratulations, this is such a huge achievement! Of course you are a proud mum!

Pansy said...

Looking very handsome Indeed, Congratulations James!! well done love, so proud! xxx