Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Helen's Birthday

All the Tuesday Stitching girls celebrated Helen's birthday today with a visit to Devon Pixies and enjoyed a delicious high tea. What a lovely excuse and what a wonderful day with the girls it was. 
Doesn't Helen look lovely in her tiara! We were pretending to behave ourselves and be very ladylike in this pic but I have seen another where some of us played up!!! 
Once again the food and surroundings were simply beautiful. 
The birthday girl had a special cupcake of her own and it came with the sweetest little teapot for her to keep. 
How cute is that? 
These are our special cupcakes for the day. They were red velvet with chocolate, strawberries and mint candy on top. They were delicious! 
Such a great day with lots of laughter and fun. I honesty don't know how we don't get kicked out of some of the places we visit!!  We certainly enjoy ourselves. 
Thanks for a wonderful day girls and I really hope we helped you enjoy your birthday Helen!
I was so totally exhausted after our outing that I fell asleep on the lounge for a couple of hours this afternoon! I haven't done that in ages!!! Too much laughing and fun I guess. However, when I woke up I got my second wind and decided to take the kids to see the (fairly new) local monument at night. This is something I've wanted to do for awhile now. 
I've only seen them in the day time and they are so much more exciting at night! 
Every life size monument is of a local person from the past. It is a little eerie at night with so many of them and their colours changing constantly. You can walk around them and read a little about each of them as well. I thought they were really lovely and so glad we took the time to go and see them. 
I love this panoramic photo my youngest took as it shows them in all their different colours at the same time. 
Well I am definitely ready for bed now after an exhausting, but wonderful day.  
Have a great week!
Teresa xx

13 comments:

Susan said...

a very yummy looking cupcake!
That display is fascinating and what a great idea to share some of the local history.

Fiona said...

lots of birthday fun.. that monument looks pretty amazing...
Hugz

Susan said...

Lovely idea for Helen's birthday.....I really want to try a high tea one day. Interesting exhibition, I can see it could be a bit creepy at night.

Lynda said...

Such a lovely day out for the birthday girl.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Now that looks like a scrumptiously fun day!

KAYLEE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KAYLEE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KAYLEE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KAYLEE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KAYLEE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KAYLEE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KAYLEE said...

You all look lovely, high tea, yummo...

Pansy said...

Ohh what a beautiful celebration, doesn't that cake look so delicious