Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Swap and Last Minute Gifts

My on-line group, Friends in Stitching, is having their last swap for the year. We have 5 little gifts to open before the big one on Christmas Day. The theme this year was "SANTA" - S for Santa, A for Antlers, N for Nativity, T for treat and A for Angel. 
My secret Santa partner is Kylie and coincidentally we are both sending to each other. My lovely gifts so far .... S for Santa stitchery. Love this cute pattern. A for antlers on these gorgeous reindeer serviettes. 
N for Nativity. How cute is this Christmas decoration? It went straight on the tree! 
Today's present was T for treat and look what I opened! Gorgeous little fabric bowl of my favourite chocolates. I am enjoying opening all these little gifts and love all the wonderful presents. Thank you so much Kylie!!!
Today I have made a few little gifts for the girls at work tonight. We all use lanyards at work and they aren't very exciting so I thought they might like these fabric ones. 
I'm really happy with the way they turned out - I hope they like them too. 
I also received another early Christmas present today. I just love it!  Wonderful sign with "Family always and forever" on it. It has a little line with pegs to attach photos to. How cute is that? 
I have been madly making more rumballs as the first batch has been eaten early. What a surprise! This happens every year. Also trying out a new recipe and making  cheese balls for both family get togethers. 
I'm so excited my brother is up from Melbourne and we are catching up tomorrow for lunch before our family get together on Boxing Day. Can't wait!!! 
Hope all your Christmas plans are coming together and you have time to sit and relax before the big day! 
Cheers! Teresa xx

10 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a lovely swap. Rum balls meet the same end here too lol!
Enjoy your celebrations xx

shez said...

lovely post Teresa have fun with your family,and wishing you and your family all the best for xmas.xx

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

FEIZ NAVIDAD!!!! besos

Susan said...

It's definitely getting exciting now. I'm enjoying all those last minute gifts and preparations too. Enjoy the festivities.

Susan said...

Clever idea to make the lanyards. I jstu love your goodies - esp teh reindeer napkins - so cute!

Marilyn said...

The lanyards turned out so well and are a very useful gift for your workmates.

Fiona said...

Lovely...

Have a wonderful Christmas...

Hugz

Val Spiers said...

Lovely swap gifts. The fabric bowl looks great. The fabric lanyards are a great gift idea. Hope you have a great Christmas.
Cheers,
Val

Karen said...

Wonderful swap gifts and beautifully made.
I am a bit late catching up. I hope you had a lovely Christmas.

Pansy said...

Time for a catch up on your wonderful Blog Teresa, not with the mandatory cuppa. This time, feet up with a mango Daiquiri in hand!! x