Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Photos

It is such a lazy Sunday afternoon here today. Everyone (except me!) is fast asleep in various rooms of the house, including one on the lounge supposedly watching the TV (with his eyes closed!) Even the cats are lolling around. 
I, on the other hand, have started some (very simple, nothing too fancy!) cooking. 
First batch of rumballs are done and the Timtam balls are in the fridge waiting their turn to be rolled!! 
There's also been a lot of wrapping and card making going on!
Wonder where this is off to......
The tree is almost done - I'm waiting on the cutest little raggedy Annie angel to top off the tree. There are no presents yet as we have 2 very inquisitive cats who like to have a sneak peek for themselves!!! So I'll keep the temptations away for a bit longer. 
I received 2 lovely Christmas decorations in the mail this week. One traditional and one modern. My tree is a real mixture this year. I love them both and these treasured decorations are now on my tree also. The sweet little Christmas pudding was made by the very talented Michelle Ridgway - isn't it cute!!! And my gorgeous mum (who knows I love owls) sent me this cutey with his little dangling feet. I love him and he has joined the others ...... 
My parliament of owls - they're all so different!! 
Are you ready for Christmas? Have you got caught up in the Christmas craziness that happens this time of the year? I think they have at my local Woolies.....
Hope you are enjoying the silly season and also having a wonderful Sunday arvo ..... I'm off to have a piece of homemade lemon meringue pie (thanks Tori!!!) while everyone is sleeping! 
Have a great week!
Teresa xx

10 comments:

Susan said...

It's nice to potter away in a sleeping household. I need to get started on some rum balls too, but as soon as they're made, they're eaten! Lovely decorations. I like a tree full of history and stories.

Cath said...

I am intrigued by the Tim Tam balls.....yum, tim tams! I am progressing on the chrissy decorations and planning on knocking off the present shopping this coming friday (all being well) as for food..I am staying away from that as no-one else is interested so I end up eating it all myself. Will do the mince pies on Christmas Eve.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Cattinka said...

I like your christmas tree, it looks pretty with all these crafty ornaments... and I am going to knit today!
Have a nice sunday
KATRIN W.

Mistea said...

Looks like lots of Christmas going on at your house.
Cute new decorations you've received. All your owls look lovely hanging out together.
Yummy rum balls.
Enjoy

Fiona said...

lots of fun decorations and yummy food!
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You have been a busy girl...

Susan said...

Perhaps that pie was missing by the time they all woke up?? Tim Tam balls...mmm....yummy I think

Michelle Ridgway said...

Is it wrong that all I read was "Tim tam" balls lol! I do love a rumball or three though. Your tree looks lovely and I adore your little parliament. I too love a quiet house to potter around in.

Chookyblue...... said...

yep you better share the tim tam ball recipe.......Fairy Girl may be in heaven then..........

Pansy said...

Lots f yummy treats! and adore your ladder! I so need one of them and your china cabinet! LOVE!