Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Tuesday Road Trip

I can't believe it - but we've done it again.  Another road trip on a Tuesday stitching day (and not a single bit of stitching was achieved!!!) but what a fun day we had!!! 
First we had a trip to Poppys Chicolate Factory. I didn't even know we had this chocolate heaven place so close to home. Beautiful and delicious handmade chocolates mmmmmm! 
We also managed a home decor shop, three fabric shops, an antique store, stopped for a cuppa and cake for morning tea, another cafe later in the day for lunch and then went back to the chocolate factory for another taste test and to purchase our chocolates (they would have melted if we'd bought them on the earlier visit!!!) if you're tired reading that paragraph then you can imagine how totally exhausted we all were at the end of our trip. Add non stop laughing and mucking around to that as well!! 
We tried to pick up a couple of fellows at the antiques store but then remembered they wouldn't fit in the car with us. 
I did pick up these little blue and white beauties though! 
Finally some Tilda fabrics came home with me too. As well as some dress fabrics - I'd like to get back into sewing clothes again. 
(Photo thanks to Sandi). I am very, very lucky to have such wonderful friends. We laugh together, understand each other, help as much as we can, listen to our problems and be there for each other through good and bad times. I appreciate these friendships I have so much. Oh did I mention we drive each other nuts as well? - or was that you had to be nuts to understand our group? 
These little signs I got today are spot on. 
Love these girls so much. Even scary-driving Helen, confused-navigating Boss Sandi,  don't-take-my-photo Tess, my back-seat sharing Norreen (I thought of something else here, but behaved myself!) and the wine-loving Lush/Laurel. What a mixture we are and don't we have fun. 
I'll sign off with a photo of the chocolate sample bag I bought. And there are some left today.... Really..... There is.....
Have a great day! 
Teresa xx

12 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh Yum!!!! That sounds like a wonderful if exhausting outing. You do find the best places to go to on your outings.

Maria said...

Oh Yummmy... sometimes we just have to shop and have fun and not sew..

Sandi said...

Wow Cass, I love your photo of all the chocolates...you know I haven't eaten one chocolate YET...
I was so tired last night that I forgot they were there..lol Chooky wants to be with us in the white room...lol

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

All I can say is...you girls do it hard...!!!!!...LOL

KAYLEE said...

What a wonderful busy day you had Teresa, you came home with some lovely things.

Chookyblue...... said...

I see Sandi told you I would join you in the "white" room.......lol....
you girls get to have to many great days out......love the Tilda fabrics............

Chookyblue...... said...

I see Sandi told you I would join you in the "white" room.......lol....
you girls get to have to many great days out......love the Tilda fabrics............

Michelle Ridgway said...

Another super day... the chokkie and your purchases look great... Love Paddington!!

Susan said...

I think your group might soon be inundated with new members! What a fabulous day out together. Love your fabrics.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

love the look of the chocolate place. Will have to go there.
Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

Look at those delicious chocolates!!
Definitely a great day out.

Pansy said...

Oh Teresa sounds like an amazing day was had, I so envy you your wonderful adventures with such treasured friends x love your china purchases