Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Christmas Swap Presents

These are the presents given and received at our Christmas party on Sunday. 
Firstly, my absolutely gorgeous mug bag from Susan. So much thought and effort went into this gift. It came with a story....
"The Story....
I wanted to make something to go with your Anni Downs projects from the SAL. 
Naturally, I didn't have any of those fabrics. I called Anni's shop and spoke with her. 
There was no stock left, but she was able to rustle up a Scrap Bag. 
The scrap bag included a block, which I guess she made and 2 hexagons, so I included them. 
Susan" 
Here is the block. This is a wonderful little pattern and has a handy pocket at the back. 
The little hexies are on the front and used to keep the bag closed. 
It didn't stop there... Inside is a gorgeous colour-coordinated mug, full of yummy chocolates and the cutest little owl brooch. The tiny bag on the left contains the left over fabric scraps!!! 
Didn't Susan make a wonderful, perfect gift for me. Thank you so much Susan!!!
Me and my gift from Susan (photo thanks to Maree!) 
The gift I made was for Noela. 
I made her a Christmas table runner using 3 of Michelle Ridgways Christmas stitcheries. 
They were fun to stitch. I love her cute stitcheries. 
I also made a little Christmas decoration. 
A little 3 dimensional angel. 
This was a great secret Santa swap and lovely to see all the wonderful handmade gifts at the party.  You can't beat handmade! 
Teresa xx

15 comments:

Susan said...

I thought your mug bag was great yesterday, but the story makes it even more special. Susan has done really well choosing and making for you. Your table runner is lovely too. I agree, hand made is best made.

Christine M said...

The mug bag Susan made for you is just lovely. Those fabrics are gorgeous. The table runner you made is lovely too.

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful gifts given and received..........great idea Susan had...amazing what you can do with some scraps......

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a special gift Susan created for you. It is beautiful. I love the little stitcheries put into the runner.

Susan said...

Aaaww shucks - just glad you liked it. (great photos)
Noela's table runner was lovely - gorgeous stitcheries - love your angel too....

Fiona said...

I love that mug rug.... so pretty and with such a wonderful story.... and such a pretty runner for Noela... just lovely gifts from both of you...
Hugz

Fiona said...

PS. what a cute angel

Marilyn said...

It really was such a special gift from Susan and so lovely of her to go to so much effort to get the fabrics for it.

Lynda said...

Great story Teresa - lovely presents all round.

Maria said...

Gorgeous Mug Bag..
How lucky you ladies are to be able to spend sew much fun time together...

Cattinka said...

All of them are beautiful presents made with love! You really have nice friends.
KATRIN W.

Karen said...

What a delightful collection of gifts. Beautiful sewing.

Pansy said...

How utterly delightful :)I so love all the eye candy on your blog x

Tatkis said...

Your mug bag is sooo sweet and cute! Lucky you ;)

Beautiful gifts for Noela!
Thanks for the owl candle holder, I love it!

Hugs,
Tatyana

manda said...

One of my all time favorite xmas things is that quilt you sewed up for me, and every time I look at it I thank God for wonderful friends like you!! Hugs!