Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Christmas Decorations

After seeing some decorations made from cardboard and old sheet music I was inspired to have a go at making some too. 
The ones I had seen were trees but in a very basic shape. Lucky for me I have a wonderful scrapbooking shop very close to home and it was there that the lovely owner showed me some really fancy trees and some very cute reindeer shapes too. I covered cardboard in the sheet music and some gorgeous vintage papers and then took the pieces back to her the next day. With her cutting contraption, she cut out the shapes for me. I especially love the cute reindeer with his cut out spots. 
Then came the FUN part - decorating! I've embossed the edges of this tree with gold embossing powder....
But the other shapes I've distressed with ink on the edges. 
Lots of vintagey ribbons, pearls and paper roses on each one. 
It was so much fun to do. Nice and easy and so stress free and relaxing!!! 
Can't wait to put some of these on the Christmas tree and some are for gifts. 
Love the paper roses! 
I make at least one new, handmade Christmas decoration each year and our tree is full of handmade bits and pieces. Lots of lovely decorations are from friends too, making it so much fun to go through each decoration as it's put on the tree. Lots of lovely memories!!! 
Are you makIng any decorations for your tree this year?
The Christmas spirit is definitely alive and kicking at our place!!!
Have a great week
Teresa xx






16 comments:

shez said...

these are gorgeous Teresa,you are very clever,well done.xx

Cattinka said...

The little deer is very cute Teresa!
I plan to knit a few more christmas balls before christmas.
KATRIN W.

Christine M said...

Your decorations are lovely Teresa.

katrien said...

They are very lovely.

helbel19 said...

Very cute Teresa, I might havew to get some of that embossing powder it certainly is a nice touch.

Helen

PS....missed you on tuesday.

levi john said...

your christmas decorations are very lovely and cute Teresa.

Me and My Stitches said...

Love these great tree ornaments! We always have lots of homemade ornaments on our tree, and they are my favorites.

Susan said...

They're lovely Teresa. I try to make a new decoration every year too, but I haven't so far this year.

Fiona said...

those are just lovely to add to your collection.... it was lovely to read how you did it too.... nealy time to get the tree up????
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

They are really beautiful Teresa...of course adore the little reindeer. They are sure to be a lovely new addition to your Tree this Season x

Susan said...

Gorgeous - and so handy to pop into the shop and do them there!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

"beautiful"...

retdairyqueen said...

They are just gorgeous Teresa

Karen said...

Your decorations are gorgeous. I have seen quite a few of those you have mentioned on Pinterest, but none of them look as lovely as yours.
You have chosen wonderful shapes and embellished them beautifully.
Very impressive!

Tatkis said...

Charming decorations, so beautiful!

Hugs,
Tatyana

manda said...

I love these!!!