Monday, November 4, 2013

Buttons!!!

I love buttons - I think I am quite addicted!!! I have so many, I couldn't possibly find enough projects to use them on!!!! 
Today, though, I've been going through my vintage ones. 
Over the years I've found some beautiful vintage glass buttons - at markets and antique stores usually. 
I have lots of shell buttons too - and some more pretty, pastel glass ones. 
My absolute favourites are in a big tin of buttons that belonged to my Nanna. She kept every button and always cut them off old clothes before she used them for rags and dusting cloths. A lot of them still have thread attached to them. 
I seriously could just run my fingers through the tins and baskets of buttons all day. Great stress relief!!! 
This is such a small snippet of what I actually own - maybe I have a "problem"!!!!  
Nah - I don't think so ha ha! 
Maybe I need to make another button-head doll!!!
What's your button collection like? Have you got any old favourites you love, like I do? Please tell me I'm not the only one with a button addiction!!! 
Have a great day!! 
Teresa xx

13 comments:

marina said...

no you're not alone in your button addiction.
I enjoy old buttons too, but my collection is quite small.
love your button head doll.she is so cute.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I can join the line as well...have a bit of a thing for buttons as well..yours are gorgeous..

Mistea said...

I have the odd button jar and tin, some inherited and some thrifted. Lots with the thread still attached. Sometimes I even use mine on projects. Haha.
She is a very cute dolly with her lovely button wig.

Sharyn T said...

I admit I added to my collection of buttons on the weekend. They are a stress relief as you have said Therese. Sharyn:)

Susan said...

Of course I'm addicted to buttons too. I like old ones, teeny tiny ones, and shell ones........and I have a whole heap of them that I couldn't possibly use because they're too special.

Marilyn said...

Definitely not alone. I love my button collection also. I have some of my Mum's and my Grandmother's. My absolute most precious one has my great grandfather's name printed on it - almost faded away now but just readable. It says "W. Magyer Broken Hill". He (and my grandmother) had a tailoring business there and these were the trouser buttons for suits.

Fiona said...

One of my big regrets (now that I quilt and make pretty things) is not keeping my Nana's buttons when I moved.... I kept the basket! but they collect up again nice and quickly!! haha
you have lots of lovelies there...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Yep definitely a button addict here too. Your collection is gorgeous. I have always wanted to make that button head doll...I love her :-)

Anorina (Samelias Mum) said...

Such prettiness!! I have an old biscuit tin full of buttons which my kids love to play with.

KAYLEE said...

Nah you are not alone Teresa, I have a passion for buttons as well, new buttons, old buttons, I have LOTS of buttons... The addiction started when I was making my button head dolls several years ago, I have now made 10 in total, I have 3 at home partially made. I started going to all of the op shops around to buy buttons, as you know a LOT of buttons are needed to make just one button head doll.

Karen said...

I love buttons! You have some gorgeous ones. Love your doll and her button hair.

Noela said...

Love collecting buttons Teresa. I don't have as many as you though.. I am envious...
Hugs.......

Tatkis said...

I just love your buttons collection!
I have mostly new ones, but all the same more than I could possibly use ;)

xx