Friday, November 29, 2013

A Great Bag Pattern and Some Other Stuff....

I found this great bag pattern on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. Its from the wonderful Artsy Craftsy Babe's blog and you can find the pattern HERE.
I loved making this! Such a great pattern, and so quick to make up. 
As soon as I bought this fabric I wanted to make it up into this bag. The pattern is called the Phoebe Bag.
It's a great size, has a pocket inside and a very convenient magnetic closure.  I love the one strap too. The instructions are very clear and so easy to understand. I just love this fabric! It's by Windham Fabrics and called "I Dream of Paris" (naturally!!!).
I can see me making this bag again in another favourite fabric!
I've also finished a cute little Christmas decoration that I found on the Red Brolly blog.. It's a very cute little Candy Cane holder ("Rudolph's Antlers") and you can find more details on how to make him HERE. I didn't have any googly eyes for mine, but a couple of teeny black buttons finished him off.  I think he might end up in Jacks Advent calendar... Isn't Jack too old for an Advent Calendar?? Apparently not!
This is the Advent calendar I made a few years back now. It is my own pattern and very large! It takes up nearly the whole of the kids bedroom door. I've used lots of Nancy Halvorsten fabrics in this.
A lot of the pieces are 3D and attached with buttons. I made the tree so large to be able to add on Christmas brooches and badges I've collected over the years.
I wanted them to look like Christmas decorations on the tree. The bottom is finished off with Prairie points and rusty bells.
There is also a little stocking hanging off the tree. All the pockets are quite large (lots of room for chocolates and treats!!!) and numbered in gold fabric paint. It hasn't been out of the Christmas cupboard for years so when Jack decided he wanted to use it again this year, I was secretly thrilled. Now to find more bits and pieces to pin to the tree for more decorations!
Yesterdays photo challenge was "I am grateful for..." and this is my little collage... "Family"
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends and even though we don't celebrate it here... it's nice to remember (not just at Thanksgiving but every day!) what we are grateful for and what we hold dear. 
Have a great weekend!!
Teresa xx

9 comments:

Jan said...

You posted it - good! Great fabric and good pattern choice too; I've made several bags from this pattern including one for me; it's my favourite bag. Nice one, Teresa!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the bag link... think I might make my SIL a bag from some Paris fabric I have....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great bag and so you. Family traditions are a wonderful thing! Do special. Little candy cane Rudy is very cute too.

Melody said...

Great bag

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your bag is amazing....and how cute is the reindeer...

Susan said...

Love that bag, might have to try that one myself. I think Thanksgiving is one foreign tradition worth adopting here, we all have so much to be grateful for.

Fiona said...

lovely bag and perfect fabric... loved the tree and it's story and of course your wonderful family collage...
Hugz

Susan said...

Love your advent calendar - how cute and lovely that it's out of the cupboard this year!

Karen said...

Great bag and I love the fabric, too.
Never too old for an advent calendar.