Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Blokey Day!

Last year for my husbands 50th birthday I got him a flight in a glider plane. It has taken him a whole year, but he finally got around to using it - the day of his 51st birthday! 
The thought of flying around in something that small and then turning off a perfectly good, functioning engine to glide back down to earth is NOT my cup of tea- but it is something he has always wanted to do. And he loved it! I'm so glad he got to do it and enjoy it.
Twice they turned the engine back on and flew back up higher into the air and then turned off the engine to glide. The view of the Glasshouse mountains and the Sunshine Coast would have been lovely from up there. 
After that we went to Lakeside Raceway to see if there was anyone racing that day.  Nothing was on and we were very lucky enough to be allowed to do a couple of quick laps around ourselves. 
I have to admit I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would. The memory of us doing the Bathurst track a few years ago is still fresh in my mind - and I was scared that time (ready to jump out of the car scared I was!!!) 
To finish off the "Blokes" birthday, the kids joined us for a Tenpin Bowling marathon that evening. 
We played 6 games in a row! I don't  think I've ever played more than 3 in a row and I can honestly say I'm feeling everyone of those games today. 
It was so much fun and I now have proof that I - yes I! - won the first game. It was all downhill after that. Always happens! I start off great and go to pieces after that ha ha!!! 
What a full on, fun day. Exhausting, but fun!!! 
Hope you are having a great week too! 
Teresa xx

8 comments:

Susan said...

Great gift idea. Sounds like you all had a great day celebrating.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sound like you all had a great day, I agree with Susan great gift...

Fiona said...

Great gift for the bloke and sounds like you all enjoyed the rest of the birthday....
Hugz

Sunnybec said...

Love those gift ideas, it's always difficult to know what to get a man! I bought my hubby a day at the racing track driving a Lotus Caterham 7... he thoroughly enjoyed it. Hugs xx

Susan said...

Sounds like a perfect day...I'll bet he enjoyed the goding - its so quiet up in the air with no engine on....and a lap or two would be great too...I can pass on the bowling though - too damaging ro the nails!!!

Karen said...

I think you managed to score two birthdays in one with that gift. Looks like a great day!

KAYLEE said...

That sure was a fun packed Birthday for your Hubby. No I wouldn't want to be gliding around in the sky either....

Pansy said...

Oh WOW!!!! that would have been some scarey shit!!! what a wonderful pressy