Thursday, October 3, 2013

Warwick Retreat

I have been lucky enough to go to the gorgeous Glenrose Cottages Retreat once again. This time I went with my Tuesday Stitching group (and a couple of extra friends). 
This is such a wonderful place to have a quilting retreat. The cottages are beautiful and so comfortable. Nothing is overlooked and they have thought of every detail to make your stay perfect. 
The gardens are teeming with flowers and are simply beautiful. 
Everwhere you look there is something beautiful to look at. 
The workroom is fantastic and was a hive of activity (again!!). 
Meal times were so much fun! It was lovely to be in such a beautiful place surrounded by friends, laughing and chatting and enjoying ourselves.  
As you can see here Helen really enjoyed my chocolate port!!! 
I managed to get heaps done, including 2 quilts that have been sitting in my UFO pile for ages!!! 
This quilt in my favourite William Morris Fabrics was quilted and had the binding done to finish it off completely. 
I had all these blocks made a couple of years ago as part of the Friends in Stitching groups monthly block challenge. I was able to do the rest of the cutting out of the sashing and borders to finally put it all together. 
As well I made a few zippy pouches (these are so much fun to make!), an embroidery floss keeper and a mug rug and some secret sewing was achieved as well. I'll post more photos of mine and the other girls quilts tomorrow - I literally can't keep my eyes open any more. I might be exhausted but I had a ball!!!
Thanks girls for making this such a wonderful retreat. Miss you already! 
Teresa xx

16 comments:

Larissa said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time Teresa!!! xx

helbel19 said...

We did have a terrific time that's for sure and thanks for the port lol.....I think.......can't wait to go again.

Helen

shez said...

so glad you all had such a great time and love those finishes,well done teresa.xx

Sue said...

Nice projects, I think I'll have to try the zippy pouch and the Chocolate Port ....

De said...

So glad you all had a wonderful time! And very productive too!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great photos....love your projects...so Helen enjoyed the port!!!!....so pleased you had such a wonderful time...

Cardygirl said...

What a great spot for a retreat!

Susan said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time....and got so much done too.

marina said...

a very productive retreat!
love both the quilts you finished up and your little pouches are gorgeous.
happy recovering

Fiona said...

excellent fun, food, fabric, flowers, friends... can't get much better...
... and i love all the goodies you made... your quilts are beautiful...

Hugz

Susan said...

You did well - sewed as lot, laughed a lot and had fun - what else do we need to keep us happy???

Mistea said...

Sure looks like a beautiful place to retreat with friends.
Lovely projects you worked on, your red blocks look amazing all together.

Karen said...

Looks like a great retreat! Well done on the UFO finishes!

Dianne said...

It sure is a beautiful place (and shop), Teresa. You have motivated me to round the girls up and do it!! We have been gonna do it for years. Glad you enjoyed it and you seemed to achieve lots too. xxx Di.

Chookyblue...... said...

another great time in Warwick with a great bunch of friends......... wonderful sewing too.........

Tatkis said...

You got so many projects finished!
I had a perfect time, thanks to you!