Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Small Projects and 52 Week Scrap Challenge

I have been trying to keep up with Anorina's 52 week scrap challenge and have finished a few of her projects. I have also finished a few other small projects along the way. Having Monday off work with a public holiday and last weeks quilt retreat has certainly helped with finding the time to sew!
A couple of the zippy pouches and my embroidery floss holder I made on retreat.
We saw this fabric at Warwick made into a pencil case sized zippy pouch - and that's all the encouragement we (Sandi and I) needed to make one each for ourselves.
Week 9 of the 52 week scrap challenge was this Scrappy, quilted trivet. Love these floral fabrics. It's a good 8 inch square size - great for hot dishes on the table - and all using leftover fabrics (little 2 inch pieces!).
I found these gorgeous Theodora Cleave wooden buttons and I had to use them on something. There were 3 in the pack and one of them went on this...
This is my embroidery floss keeper.
Inside there are plenty of pockets for your embroidery floss.
I turned the felt needle holder on the side into a scissor pocket as well.
Week 8 of the scrap challenge was a sunny mug rug. Not my usual choice of fabrics (way too bright for me!) but I love it!
These fabrics were freebies with a magazine subscription and are also leftovers from an apron I made in a swap where I needed lots of spotty fabrics. So nice to use them up!
I showed you my little charm and charm bracelet in yesterday's post - this is the same block in the charm made into a 6 inch block. I have 5 more to make when I get my charms. I wonder what I can do with them.....
Another mug rug using a very suspicious single can't-remember-why-I-made-it block. These colours are more "me"!!

And lastly, week 10 of Samelia's Mum blog challenge is a quilted fabric box. I love this. So much fun to make, it's a great size (sides are 8 x 6 inch) and best of all ...... entirely made from my scrap basket!! 
Now to tackle some swap presents and Christmas presents before I go back to work!!! 
Hope you're having a wonderful, productive day!!!!
Teresa xx

14 comments:

Jan said...

Goodness me, Teresa, you've been a busy girl! I'm working on little projects too and actually getting a few things finished. Hooray! Pete retired a week ago and we're having fun.

Sue W ♥ said...

Wow, very productive indeed and those scrappy finishes are even useful and what a great idea those project bags, can I send you somethings I don't have time to do as you are on a roll :)

marina said...

wow love all your smaller projects. Such pretty fabrics in them all.
You have been super busy!!

Susan said...

Wow, you have been very productive. So many lovely little projects. Your thread holder is gorgeous, and made in perfect fabrics. Your charm and matching block are so cute.

Larissa said...

They all look fabulous Teresa!!

Larissa said...

They all look fabulous Teresa!!

De said...

Fantastic lot of projects! That work sure is a killer of our productivity! I need to pull my finger out or I will be behind my schedule again!

Tatkis said...

Such lovely projects! These buttons are just perfect, and the thread box is adorable! xx

shez said...

what a lovely lot of projects you have made,well done Teresa.xx

Fiona said...

you have been sewing up a storm ... love all those 'little' projects...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love all your projects...you have been a very busy little vegemite. Love the floss holder...gorgeous!

Dianne said...

You are certainly keeping up with the 52wk challenge, Teresa. Well done! The finished articles are wonderful. Did you make up the pattern for the little floss holder. It is perfect to take with a travelling project. xxx Di.

Pansy said...

Wow you just amaze me!
Everything is such eye candy, the fabrics Devine :)

KAYLEE said...

Lots of wonderful scrappy projects you have made there Teresa, I especially love the quilted fabric box and the embroidery floss keeper. Just wondering if these are free project patterns ? Cheers Kaylee