Saturday, October 12, 2013

Rustic Home Made Apple Pie


I found this recipe for Rustic Apple Pie on Bronwyn Hayes blog Red Brolly. I am always finding great recipes and fun things to make on her blog and I just couldn't resist making this one. It is very rustic with a free form pastry "shell" and absolutely bursting with apples and sultanas. It was delicious. Nothing beats the smell of apples and cinnamon cooking away in the kitchen.
The pastry was a breeze to make and the whole process took less time than I thought. The pastry is only flour, egg and a little bit of icing sugar and, when the pie is cooked, is fairly thin and doesn't take over the taste of the apples.
It was delicious served straight out of the oven with some ice cream (some cream for me!). If you want to try this recipe too you will find it HERE. I definitely recommend it!!!
She has a yummy lemon curd recipe I'm going to try too.....
Have a great day!
Teresa xx

11 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks so good!!!!

Karen said...

It does look delicious!

Susan said...

Makes me hungry looking at it!

Val Spiers said...

It looks so yummy. I have been living on Granny Smiths. I think I will have to try this pie. Thanks for the link.
valspierssews@gmail.com

Mistea said...

Ooh that looks delicious. And easy to adjust to one person size.
Thanks for sharing.

Jan said...

I made apple cake yesterday but inspired by your post and by Pete's reminiscing yesterday about his mum's apple pie (she wasn't much of a cook but she did make wonderful apple pies) I will have to make one this week. Hope it turns out as nicely as yours did,
Teresa!
xx

Cathy said...

Yum!!!!

Pansy said...

A yummy treat indeed, love the rustic look of it

Melody said...

Oh yum, it looks delicious

Fiona said...

you are a temptress!!! looks great..
Hugz

Leanne said...

I made this last Sunday and it was delicious, I had never made my own pastry before and now I plan to do it more often.