Saturday, October 26, 2013

My Saturday.

How is your weekend going? It's beautiful weather here, but we really, really need rain!!! If we don't get some this week our tank will run out - the joys of being on tank water!!! 
I just had to show you this gorgeous set of nesting tins I got from Officeworks. It is perfect for my paper piecing. I have 3 types on the go - half inch hexies, elongated hexies and clam shells. These tins are perfect for the papers, templates and finished hexies. And so pretty too! 
I have finished off another two zippy pouches for friends and another one for me.....(couldn't resist!)
Just love this fabric. 
Last night I came home from work to find Jack had baked some delicious red velvet cupcakes. They were just what I needed for afternoon tea .... Mmmmm! He's such a good boy! 
Now I'm off to work BUT I would much rather stay home and finish off this cute little multi coloured hippo I'm in the middle of sewing. It's another one of Jodie's (Ric raC) gorgeous patterns. I don't want to stop ha ha!!!
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and enjoying doing something you love!!! 
Teresa xx

17 comments:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely tins great idea.

Jan said...

Lovely tins, Teresa; hope our local Officeworks has them; they would be so handy on my sewing table. Your zipper purses are great - gorgeous fabrics too - wish we lived closer so you could help me conquer my zipperphobia! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. The weather here has been a bit bleak but it was nice enough to do some work in the herb patch and visit a local open garden; will go and visit the rest tomorrow.

Cattinka said...

Hi Teresa,
the tins are very nice!
And I like the bee hive pincushion in the last pictures, have you made that one, too?
KATRIN W.

shez said...

lovely post teresa,how thoughtful of Jack.xx

Susan said...

Cute storage, and some very nice ribbon too. Work gets in the way of so much sewing!

retdairyqueen said...

I would love to send you some rain
Our tanks are over flowing xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Makes my plastic box look ratty. I love those tins. Beautiful. Great zippy pouches and boy those cakes look delish xx

Val Spiers said...

Love the zippies. The tins look great. I must have a look in office works.

Fiona said...

such a lovely happy post.... I love the look of the hippo in the making... and those cuppiecakies... yum
Hugz

marina said...

who says you can't be stylish being organised.
lovely little pouches and I love your little hippo. These lovely little creatures are popping up all over blog land!

Mistea said...

Red cupcakes and rainbow elephant in the same post, cool mix there. Seriously those little elephants are too cute.
Sweet tins for keeping you organised and I see you named them too so you know what's inside. Clever.
Hope work wasn't too hard.
Wishing I could share some of the rain we've been having here. Hope it comes your way soon.

Susan said...

Amazing what you can find at Office works - we haven't got one close by any more - a real shame...that will be a very cute hippo.
Fingers crossed for rain soon....

Maree: said...

Pretty Tins well done!

Marilyn said...

I thought I had made a lot of zippy pouches, but I think you might have made more than me now. Love your pink boxes. Yummy cakes too, perfect for afternoon tea. Jodie's patterns are gorgeous.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Yum--red velvet Your hexies are so organized

Karen said...

Lovely tins. You look so organised.
Gorgeous zipper pouches. And yummy cakes. A perfect weekend.

frankleetravels said...

You are so talented. Love the zippy pouches. xxxx