Sunday, October 20, 2013

Happy, Happy Mail

Last week I was extremely fortunate to have 2 lovely parcels sent to me. I wasn't expecting either one of them so they were complete surprises - of the most wonderful kind!
My first parcel was from my Mum who has just come back from a holiday around Tasmania. She always sees things she knows I would love and surprising me with lovely gifts for no reason. 
On her travels she found this cuter than cute kewpie doll from the amazing shop Reliquaire in Latrobe. And I have another (gorgeous) thimble to add to my collection. Isn't it sweet?
The card is from the Victoria Markets in Melbourne and is so beautiful. I've never seen a handmade pop-up card so intricate.
I just love it. Thanks Mum for my bundle of goodies. I get so excited when I see a parcel or letter from my Mum. I can't open them fast enough!!!
The other parcel I received is from my wonderful friend, Virginia, who has just come home from a holiday in .... Wait for it.... PARIS!!!!!
It was brimming with all sorts of French loveliness. Virginia picked up bits and pieces along the way that she thought I would be able to use in my sewing and crafting. I am so lucky.
Inside was the most gorgeous vintage linen,  embroidered and made into a sweet pocket. It is from a shop called Arsenic et Vieilles Dentelles (which translates into Arsenic and Old Lace). The shop sources French vintage linens and laces. It's beautiful. France is well known for its gorgeous ctoss stitching and I now have this lovely little cross stitch of an almond macaron and it comes with perfume scented threads!!!
Beautiful French fabric (Michael Miller and very French Provincial!) Also some matching fabric squares. The fabrics feel so fine with a very high thread count. 
Last, but not least, these two beautiful buttons. I have been very spoilt. It was fun reading all the cards and instructions and trying to translate everything so I could understand it all and soak up all the French loveliness. I can't believe Virginia went to the trouble of picking out all these gifts for me, when she should have been enjoying her holiday in one of the most beautiful places in the world. I feel like I was there again, every time I look at all these beautiful things. Can't wait to start that cross stitch..... 
Thank you so much for your generosity and thoughtfulness - you have no idea how happy you made me!!! 
There is nothing quite like a parcel in the mail - a surprise of the nicest kind. 
Hope you are all enjoying the last bit of your weekend!!!
Teresa xx

6 comments:

Susan said...

Lucky girl. Lovely to get so many surprises in the post. Ooh lala!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You have been a good girl..lots of treats...

Sunnybec said...

Aren't surprises lovely! I've just had the same - a friend was in Paris and thought of me and brought me a little card and inside are a selection of needles, she also bought me a little cat on a cushion and that is a magnet! Love surprises like that. Here is the shop in Paris where mine came from... I just loved browsing through all the stuff http://www.bonheur-des-dames.biz/magnetic-needle-holder,us,3,123.cfm

Noela said...

Always lovely to get parcels Teresa. Somme lovely goodies there. Hugs......

Fiona said...

you know.. it's only special people who get such lovely and meaningful parcels!! ... enjoy
Hugz

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

Oh that shop in Tassie is amazing, love the Kewpie doll, you know I can still remember the smell of those dolls. Funny what we remember. enjoy your goodies.

Happy Monday.
Bev.