Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Brisbane Craft and Quilt Fair

Today was a wonderful day - not only for the quilt fair - but for an excuse to have a big blogging friends catch up. So that's what we did!!!
Sandi and I went together but we met up with lots of friends. 
Val, me, Tatyana, Sandi, Marilyn and Noela and (standing) Lynda, Susan, Michelle and Fiona. It was wonderful yo see you all today - definitely the highlight of the fair. 
Michelle and Fiona - I love this pic of you two!
I thought Sandi and I were all shopped out after yesterday's exploits - but I was mistaken. We did quite well actually!!! I can't wait to play with my clam shells and extended hexies. I have become very fond of this hand stitching and piecing. Lots of fabric fell in my bag too! And Natalie's book "In My Garden". 
This is Natalie Birds stall and it was gorgeous. She has a new book out (that most of us bought today!) with this lovely quilt and bag amongst other lovelies to make in it. 
Sandi and I were quick to source the prairie cloth used to make the bag and it has now been bumped up to number 1 on my To Do List!!!
Thanks Natalie!!!
I stocked up on lots of beautiful lace, rose linen fabrics, gorgeous vintage things from Miss Rose Sister Violet (I cannot walk past this stall!), a sweet floral tin and the cutest rabbit scissors. 
How lovely are these rose fabric fat 1/4s folded into roses? Such a great way to buy them. 
Another beauty from Miss Rose Sister Violets stall. A very dainty crochet tea cup and saucer that holds a tea light candle and behind that is some floral linen and a lace lavender sachet. 
Lunch was good too! Of course! 
Now I am absolutely exhausted and after I make some (very quick and easy) pizzas for the family - I will be in my pajamas and heading to bed. No doubt to dream about what a wonderful day I had and all the things I can't wait to make!!!
It was really wonderful to catch up with so many blogging friends today!
Hope you are having a super week - although not as exhausting as this one has been I hope!!!
Teresa xx


14 comments:

marina said...

looks like a fantastic day
I can see some familiar faces there!
lots of wonderful goodies too.
how perfect!
sleep tight....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Loved seeing you all today it was just wonderful...Fiona leads me astray lol! Loved Nat's stall, gorgeous as always. Nice loot there.
Thanks for your company xx

Chookyblue...... said...

great pic of you all together.....probably conspiring I would say.....lol.......wished I was there with you all.........

Susan said...

It sure was a load of fun - loved seeing your goodies...
Those fruit flans were pretty good too!

Susan said...

Wonderful friends and wonderful shopping, looks like you had a great day out.

Mistea said...

Lots of loveliness followed you home.
Looks like a good time with friends.
Enjoy your sleep.

Noela said...

Hi Teresa, Hope it's okay that I have copied your group photo. Mine wasn't the best. Lovely to catch up with all of you. You definitely bought some wonderful things. Hugs......

Tatkis said...

It was a wonderful shopping day, and I was so happy to see you all!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Susan said...

I'm guilty!!! I have used your photo too! we can always rely on you for your great photos and blog posts.

PS: Chookyblue - we may have been conspiring - wait & see!!

Fiona said...

It was lovely to see you and the others and I hope you don't mind me 'stealing' your pics too.... you did some great shopping... I loved meeting Sandi and Tatyana too...
... now I wonder what I mix with the lemons in my water bottle to keep us giggling?
Hugz

Karen said...

Great fun to catch u with everyone! And it looks like a lot of retail therapy was happening, too!

Maree: said...

Glad you All had a Lovely Day!

Cathy said...

Im keen to do a Craft Fair catch up next year....I will have to get busy and look at dates etc!!

frankleetravels said...

What beautiful things. Love the crochet teacup, remember the beautiful shoes Granny Angus used to make. You probably still have one. Love Mum. xxxx