Friday, October 18, 2013

BOO!!!

Just had to make this cute little pumpkin pincushion in time for Halloween. 
I found the picture HERE and then made up my own pattern and played around with it until this little guy was made. There are clear instructions on the link to make one for yourself though. Theirs  is made with felt but I didn't have orange felt so fabric it is. 
I think mine is too happy though. Maybe I should have made mine a bit scary with jagged teeth!!! What do you think? BOO!
On a much sadder note... I haven't been able to turn the TV off all day... watching the devastating fires in NSW. My heart goes out to the families who have lost their loved one, their homes and everything.
The Firies are absolute heroes and I have so much admiration for what they do, selflessly, even as their own homes are under threat at times. I hope there is an end to this quickly and no more lives and homes are lost. 
Teresa xx

9 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

BOO!

Marilyn said...

yes, another devastating time for our country. That is a cute pumpkin. lol.

Jan said...

Nothing wrong with a smiley pumpkin, Teresa! The fires are so awful; watching the images on the news is so horrible and frightening; I can't imagine what it's like to actually be there.

Cattinka said...

Your pumpkin is perfect.
On German TV they said the fires in Australia are much too early this year, it is so devastating.
KATRIN W.

Susan said...

Oh no - I haven't heard any news today - its always awful when the fires get close to homes & are out of control.
A gorgeous pumpkin - probably good to see a happy face.

De said...

how cute is your little pumpkin - well done!

The fires are tragic...

Fiona said...

fantastic fat little pumpkin... I like the happy face....

yes, the fires are horrible..I'v had it on most of the day too....
Hugz

Mistea said...

Your little jack o lantern is very sweet.
They are not all ogres. But you could make another one with a different expression. Haha.

The fire situation is so not good.

Cathy said...

I like his happy face! You could always make another with jaggered teeth?? You could make me one too...hehehe....