Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Zippy Pouch

I have finally found the time to make a zippy pouch! I have wanted to make one of these for ages - ever since I saw one that Marilyn had made. Then I was lucky enough to receive one this year for my birthday (from the lovely Marilyn herself)
She has a wonderful tutorial on her blog and I thought I would give it a go.
I received this gorgeous fabric from Terri - who I met in Adelaide earlier this year. It's so cute with its Paris theme and sweet cats. This is the perfect project as it showcases the fabric so well. 
The tutorial was wonderful and so easy to follow and understand. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
Having clear plastic on the front and securely closing with a zip, makes these the perfect cases for projects. I love it and can't wait to make another one now!
Stitching with the girls today was a lot of fun as I was playing with teeny tiny hexies and I am a bit addicted to these. So relaxing, just chatting, laughing and hexie-ing!
Have a great week. 
Teresa xx

12 comments:

Pansy said...

I love your zippy pouch, fabrics are luxurious, very cute little hexagons, I wonder what these are going to make x

Fiona said...

welll done on the zippy pouch... so useful and pretty hexies on the go there...
Hugz

Susan said...

Ooh la la...your pouch looks great. I too am under the spell of tiny hexies, what size are they?

Deb R said...

Such a great little bag!! Love anything hexi!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous Hexies....the pouch is lovely, nice zipper - I do struggle with these...

retdairyqueen said...

Your zippy pouch looks wonderful I have a fear of zips
Cute hexies What are you going to make with them?

marina said...

your zipper pouch looks gorgeous love the fabrics you have chosen they go together beautifully.
Loving the little hexies too what will they become?

shez said...

love this pouch Teresa and that fabric is so cute,well done.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your zippy purse and the fabric is so you.

Tatkis said...

Lovely zipped pocket - so useful!
Your hexies are so cute :) xx

Karen said...

This is lovely. Gorgeous fabric!

KAYLEE said...

Very cute zippy bag, I just popped over and downloaded the tutorial..