Friday, September 13, 2013

Shopping, Antiques and Cyndi

On Wednesday my friend, Leona, and I did a spot of shopping. We managed to rummage through lots of antique stores and even a couple of fabric and quilting stores - exactly my kind of shopping!! 
At Newfarm Antiques I found this gorgeous English butter dish in beautiful condition.  
And this silver thimble. It is even the perfect size. 
I also came away with some "very nicely priced" fabrics  (cannot resist a bargain!!) and these gorgeous wooden thread cards and a couple of other "necessities"!!
We had a great day and its lovely to spend the day with someone who loves the same things you do and who is great company. 
That evening I saw the wonderful Cyndi Lauper in concert at QPAC (Brisbane)! She is amazing. This is the third time I've seen her and the first time was at the height of her career, many years ago. She is as entertaining and brilliant as the first time. Her voice is so strong and she is just wonderful to see live. I love it when she starts to tell you a story and she gets sidetracked constantly and the stories just get longer and longer - and they usually have hilarious endings!
We had a great night. Lots of singing and dancing and clapping. 
Hope you are looking forward to your weekend. 
Teresa xx 

11 comments:

Jan said...

Cyndi Lauper - isn't she still lots of fun; so glad she's still so good on stage. As for my weekend - I'm off to a blog get-together called Crafty Hi-jinks; Jodie Ric-Rac is one of the organisers so there will definitely be LOTS of Hi-jinks! After all the drama of the elections last weekend, this will be a refreshing change; can't wait. Hope your weekend is everything you wish it to be, Teresa!

Tatkis said...

What a wonderful time (great buys too ;) )

Hugs,
Tatyana

Susan said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to pass your day!

marina said...

what gorgeous treasures and crafty purchases.
Well done!

Melody said...

Sounds like a perfect day

Karen said...

Great way to spend a day - a little bit of everything!

Dianne said...

I love the little treasures you found Teresa, especially the adorable silver thimble. Isn't it great when you find some sewing treasure? Glad you had fun shopping and at the concert. You certainly are a busy gal.

Marilyn said...

That sounds like a perfect way to spend a day - antiques and quilt shops together. Lovely purchases too.

Marilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pansy said...

How wonderful to have seen Cyndi Lauper in person!
I adore the butter dish, I remember that pattern from my childhood as a plate but cant recall the name & such a darling wee thimble, such awesome finds x

KAYLEE said...

WOW what a day and to top it off to see Cyndi Lauper, I do like some of her music. I remember her from WAY WAY back and when she was in the movie "Girls just want to have fun" with Sara Jessica Parker.