Thursday, September 5, 2013

Just Cruising Along

Well I have finally come back to reality after our wonderful 4 days away cruising and celebrating my sister-in-laws birthday. What a fantastic and FUN time we had. It really was just one big party. 
It started off well with breakfast at Max Brenners before we boarded. After that the fun and food and laughing just didn't stop. 
(My SILs Leah and Zoe and I)
I'd forgotten how much I love Piña Coladas and discovered Fruit Tingles and BBCs (Baileys, banana and Colada)! 
This was a Comedy Cruise and we managed to see every show (bar one!) and also went to the Comedians Q & A which was a lot of laughs, and had my pic taken with Cal Wilson.  
We did everything! And I mean everything. Zoe (the birthday girl) made sure of that. We played bingo, went late-night disco dancing, went on a scavenger hunt, played trivia on Trivia Night,
soaked up the sun on the deck chairs and totally relaxed, learned the cha cha (this was absolutely hilarious!!),
watched the sun set over the ocean (never did see the sun rise though!!)
saw the circus show and performers,
watched the light show,
sang along at the top of our voices with the band and wished Zoe "happy birthday",
ate the most amazing, delicious food, (Creme brûlée was to die for!!)
And celebrated with a birthday cake on the last night for Zoe. 
But most of all .... Had the best time and fun and laughed with a wonderful mix of old and new friends. I have so many memories of these few days that I will treasure forever. Thanks for such a great holiday everyone, especially to my sister-in-law, Zoe, for inviting me to celebrate (and laugh non-stop) with her and my sister-in-law, Leah, who has been one of my best friends since primary school. It was a real treat to go on holiday with you both and I enjoyed every second of our time together. What a ball we had! 
Just a few photos of land and the lights of Brisbane before all we saw was the ocean for 3 days. 
The Gateway Bridge, Brisbane, at night.
 Teresa xx

17 comments:

Deb said...

Teresa, so thrilled you had a fantastic time. Knew you would. Looking at your photos bought back some wonderful memories of our cruise on the Pacific Dawn also. Can't wait to go again.

shez said...

what fun you girls had you have me so excited to go on mine now.xx

retdairyqueen said...

So pleased you all such fun and are living life to the full

marina said...

looks like an amazing time.
what a great way to celebrate a big birthday!
A comedy cruise sounds fantastic

katrien said...

Great trip you've got.

Noela said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. Hugs.....

Susan said...

It looks like you had an awesome time together. A wonderful way to celebrate.

Susan said...

Its amazing how much you an fit onto a cruise ship. I suspect you were a bit too busy to use that new needle and scissor case you made!!

Fiona said...

wonderful... 4 days of party... couldn't be better!!
Hugz

Melody said...

Sounds like a brilliant time

Sharyn T said...

Looks like you experienced everything a cruise offers Teresa plus made great memories. Sharyn:)

sunny said...

Wow - great photos, and even better memories. Sounds like you had a fantastic time.

Allie said...

OH that looks SO FUN!!!!!!!! So glad you had a great time, hon!!!

helbel19 said...

Glad to hear you had a great time.

Helen

Pansy said...

Wonderful photos, so makes me want to experience one, non stop fun x

Dianne said...

Oh how utterly wonderful, Teresa. Looks like you had a ball - love the sound of some of those cocktails. ahem. Those friendships are just so special. Glad you had a great time! Di.

Karen said...

This looks like such a fun time. And the weather looks wonderful. Great way to enjoy great people.
Sorry I am late with my comment. I have been out of action for a week so am doing lots of catching up now.