Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Brisbane, West End and the Bun Mobile!

I had a wonderful day today, in and around Brisbane. Have you heard of the Bun Mobile? I hadn't before, but I'm very glad I have now. 
It's a mobile gourmet steamed bun kitchen. James checked out where it was today and it was closeby in West End. I've never had a steamed bun before either and it was delicious. 
I had the wagyu beef with soy pickled shitaki mushrooms - it was absolutely delicious. The Bun Mobile is somewhere different each day and today it was next door to the Loading Dock which make a great chai tea as well. Definitely a wonderful idea. 
After lunch we decided to head to the Palace Cinema at the Padding ton Barracks to see a movie. Another top idea as I got to see my first huge pink bunny. They are for the Brisbane Festival, made by the artist Stormie Mills and are popping up everywhere and in the oddest places. 
We saw "Now You See Me" which was fantastic. I love movies like this where you try to work out how they get away with it and then it all comes together - especially when there's a twist at the end. It was a great movie. 
To finish off we visited Archives (also in West End) for a drink. This is such a great place. I just adored the old brown velvet lounge and framed tapestries on the wall. Lots of books and pool tables and a wonderful atmosphere. We had a beer and pear cider and the best beer-battered fries and aioli I've ever had. 
Such a great day considering we had no concrete plans to start with. I'm so lucky to have days like these with my boys. 
Thanks for a lovely day James - I thoroughly enjoyed every minute. 
I've got another huge day planned tomorrow (I like to make the most of my two days off!!!!!) Cyndi Lauper tomorrow night! Woo Hoo!!!! 
Hope you're having a super week!
Teresa xx

10 comments:

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Those sort of days are always the best! What a beautiful son you have!

Fiona said...

lovely Teresa, I like hearing about Brissie life too... you do find interesting places to go to...
Hugz

Susan said...

If I ever need an unusual place in Brisbane - I know where to come! I'd heard about those pink bunnies - they are not overly cute are they??

Jan said...

thank you for sharing your fun day with us, Teresa - almost (but not quite) as good as being there! Your James sure knows how to show a girl a good time! Enjoy Cyndi Lauper; Pete and I went to one of her concerts many years ago and we still talk about it. She was on The Project programme the other night and is still absolutely fabulous and down to earth and so darn funny.

Larissa said...

Looks like you had a lovely day Teresa!! ... I agree with Jan - your James sure knows how to show a girl a good time! Sounds like a perfect day!! :D ... Still can't look at that last shot and NOT smile ;) ... Enjoy the rest of your days off! Hugs xxx

Noela said...

Looks like a lovely day Teresa. Enjoy tonight. Hugs......

Karen said...

What a fantastic day! Love the idea of the Bun mobile and am looking forward to seeing that same film soon. Good to know you enjoyed it!

Deb R said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!!

Pansy said...

Have an awesome time tonight xx
I so miss the pie cart that's in my home town in NZ open all hours!!

What a wonderful 2 days off

Tatkis said...

I saw a Bun Mobile today for the first time near our home! Isn't it great?
Archive is a wonderful place :))

Tatyana xx