Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Week 4 of the 52 Week Scrap Challenge

This weeks project in Samelia's Mums 52 Week Scrap Challenge is "Stitch a Dresden". 
I've made this weeks Dresden plate block challenge into a mini quilt to hang on the wall - Although it looks really good on the table with a vintage fruit bowl on it too!
I love the pattern and putting it together was a lot of fun. 
I've used leftover scraps from a "Lilly & Wills" charm pack. I've also used some lace scraps (if you look closely you'll see there are 2 different types) and a doily for the centre piece - all bits and pieces from other projects. Some machine quilting, hand quilting and needle turn to finish it off. 
I really enjoyed making this! Thanks Anorina! 
Can't wait to see next weeks challenge! 
Teresa xx

14 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Looks great Teresa... Love the way you have used the lace.

Susan said...

what a fun way to get rid of - ooops - use old stuff.

Jennifer Reynolds said...

I love it, Teresa! Is the fabric tea dyed...??

Susan said...

It's lovely Teresa. Great fabrics, and nice to use up some bits and pieces.

Marilyn said...

Wow, Teresa, it looks awesome. Love the colour choices, the lace, doiley, all of it goes so well together.

sunny said...

How pretty! I love the way you used the doily and the lace!

Fiona said...

I love it Teresa and great inspiration to put all those together....
Hugz

retdairyqueen said...

Looks great Love the colours you have used and the doyley in the middle really sets it off

Mistea said...

That's a lovely way to use up some of the little leftovers. It looks very pretty and sounds like you can use it more than just for show.
Love the little doily centre.

Clara said...

Definitely like it!!!!! And I like the doily in the center of the Dresden plate!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow.....gee I love this one Teresa...

Karen said...

This looks really gorgeous. Love the lace in it.

Pansy said...

Be still my heart!!! utterly exquisite

Tatkis said...

It is so beautiful and cute! Colours, Dresden plate, lace - just perfect!

Hugs,
Tatyana