Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Birthday Swap Present

In my on line group, Friends in Stitching, it was my turn to make the birthday present for another member, Chookyblue. The birthday presents this year had to contain one of three different Friendship sayings and a button. This is what I made for Chookyblue.
 "Friends make each day a new beginning filled with wonder and joy" is the saying I chose. I embroidered it onto one of Natalie Birds little wallhanging patterns. The house is appliqued and I have put a shell heart button inside a stitched heart.
I found the little quilt hanger at our Warwick retreat and it was perfect for this mini quilt.
I also made this wooden chooky for Chookyblue! I used to make and paint these pieces a few years back and remembered I had one left. Perfect for someone known as  "Chooky" don't you think? It was a lot of fun to get my paints out again and I really enjoyed painting and distressing this guy. I'd forgotten how much I love to paint!!!

I also sent this gorgeous handmade soap from  Soap Avenue. I love their soaps and they are always coming up with great ideas... when I saw the vintage sewing machne I knew it would make a nice gift for my sewing friends. The card is also handmade ..... something else I haven't made for a long time!!!!
I really hope she liked her presents. I know she's received them so I can finally reveal what I've been making to you. 
Have a great day!

Teresa xx

23 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Perfect gifts Teresa...love that painted 'Chooky'!

shez said...

oh these are gorgeous Teresa,well done on a very special birthday gift indeed.xx

Susan said...

Gorgeous work Teresa. Your wooden chook is great, and so lovely that you got to use some of your other hobbies. Lucky Chooky!

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Precioso trabajo, bss

Marilyn said...

They look rather perfect to me, Teresa. Very thoughtful gifts. Love the chooky, and such a lovely saying.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Just gorgeous.... Love your chooky. I am sure they will be much loved gifts xx

Jan said...

What fabulous gifts, Teresa; your choices are perfect and beautifully made, I know. LOVE that chook (hint hint). You're such a clever chick!

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Gorgeous Hanging. Love it. Very thoughtful gifts.

Susan said...

She will love them all - such gorgeousness!!

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

Oh my goodness, you must get back to the painting, just love the chook. Great presents Donna received from you.

Happy days.
Bev.

marina said...

what a gorgeous hanging and to revisit your other crafty talents as well is very special.
I can imagine she would be very pleased with her special gifts.
they are lovely.

Cattinka said...

She will love her present, it is adorable!
KATRIN W.

Melody said...

A perfect gift

De said...

Just perfect!

Fiona said...

Gorgeous pressies .... and so thoughtful too.... I'm sure 'chooky' is thrileed with them...
Hugz

Deb said...

Teresa, you gifts for Chooky are beautiful. Gosh you are so talented. I adore your wooden chook, and your hanging is so sweet, the verse so true.

Maree: said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maree: said...

What a Clever Girl you are that Chook is Perfect and The Gorgeous Wallhanging...I Bet Chooky was Delighted!!!
xx

Tatkis said...

What a wonderful hanging! And other presents are so lovely! Lucky Chooky ;)

Hugs,
Tatyana

katrien said...

WHAAAAAWWWW,you maked lovely things again.

retdairyqueen said...

Iam sure Chooky would be well pleased with her lovely gifts xx

Karen said...

These are delightful gifts and beautiful work.

Chookyblue...... said...

finally trying to catch up.........Miss Teresa I absolutely love my presents......my problem now is I need to get Mr Chooky to put some things up so I can hang my wall hangings etc in the chookshed.....I love even more that you made everything bar the soap......THANKS.....very sorry I am so far behind in commenting here.......hope to get the pics done today.......