Thursday, August 8, 2013

52 Week Scrap Challenge


I have seen a few friends making very cute little fabric hearts and needle cases .... I became extremely  interested and after a bit of investigating, I found they have signed up for this wonderful challenge....It's called the
52 Week Scrap Challenge with the wonderful blog "Samelia's Mum"  
Well I think this is a great idea and a super way to use up my scraps so I've decided to accept the challenge and see if I can keep up with each weeks little scrap basket challenge. This week (only the second week, so it's not too late!) we are making cute little needlecases.
I honestly started with one (the purple one for my mum) and then next minute I'd thought of someone else to make one for .... and then I really liked the way Anorina (Samelia's Mum) had appliqued a cute little Bronwyn Hayes butterfly on her needle case... and well the third one just appeared!!!! They are lovely and quick and easy and...... they use up those scraps of fabric you just can't part with.
The inside of my needlecases 1 and 2.
I just love the cute little handpainted butterfly on Mums case.
The third and last (maybe...) case.
Inside the 3rd needlecase. 
I have bought these cute teeny tiny scissors from Fee (Designs by Fee blog) and they are perfect to put inside. So with some needles and pins and a reel of thread they are complete and very handy - would make great  little traveling sewing kits.
Hmmmm looking forward to next weeks project.. Think I will go back and do the first weeks challenge as well and then I have really accepted the 52 Week Scrap Challenge!!
Hope you're having a great day!
Teresa xx

13 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great idea Teresa, these are gorgeous...

Val Spiers said...

You have been very productive. Your needle cases look great. I decided I would just watch this challenge from the sidelines.

valspierssews@gmail.com

Susan said...

They look great Teresa....at this rate you could have one per project.

De said...

They look great! Must go investigate this scrap challenge

De said...

They look great! Must go investigate this scrap challenge

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Que bonitos trabajos, besos

Mistea said...

Pretty, useful and scrap friendly - that may just be a perfect combination.
Enjoy the challenge.

Tatkis said...

Wonderful idea, such lovely needle cases!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Melody said...

A very sweet gift idea.

Noela said...

Lovely needle cases Teresa. Your Mum will love the butterfly one. Hugs.....

Anorina (Samelias Mum) said...

Wow you've been busy. I love your needle cases and glad that you've joined the scrap busting challenge. Happy Sewing xx

Fiona said...

love your versions... I need to finish mine off!
Hugz

Ginx Craft said...

Your needlecases are lovely. I'm not sure which is my favourite - they are all so nice.