Tuesday, July 16, 2013

O'Reillys

Yesterday we took the 4WD track (Duck Creek Road) up to O'Reillys.  It is such a beautiful place and I love visiting. Even the trip up and back is breathtaking. 

We had a great trip up and then enjoyed a cuppa and the gorgeous views.

In fact we enjoyed it sooooo much we decided to do it all again today. 

This time we took my eldest son and his girlfriend who is visiting from the UK. I really thought she would like to see how beautiful it is here. 

Today we also did the tree tops walk and climbed all the way to the very top. 

And when I say "climb" I really mean "climb". It looks scary but I did it! This is only the first stage - there's another climb after this one. 

The views are amazing when you get so high up in the canopy. 

Back down on terra firma we fed the birds. They are beautiful and there were lots of photos taken - so many that had to be deleted!!!! It was crazy and chaotic and so much fun. 

It was another wonderful day at such a beautiful place. 

On the way back down we spotted this little guy trying hard to burrow into the ground out of sight. 

A wonderful steak at the Canungra Hotel for dinner ended a perfect day. 
If you ever get the chance to go to O'Reillys or haven't been there for awhile and need another visit - then go!  It's worth it! 
Have a great week!
Teresa xx

18 comments:

Maria said...

What a fabulous place to visit, loved the views. Also your son's girlfriend got to see some of gorgeous wildlife too.

sunny said...

Wow - what a beautiful place! I'd go back a second time too, although I might not climb in the trees. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous scenery!!

Susan said...

Haven't been there for years Teresa, but it's still so beautiful. Looks like two great days out.

Susan said...

The Australian bush at its best. Definitely a great place for a visitor.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Really amazing spot....thanks for sharing..looks like you all had a great time...

Cath said...

Certainly looks lovely up there at the moment with all the rain we have been having lately. I haven't been for years. Definitely think it is time for a Sunday drive!
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Fiona said...

how lovely ... I hadn't heard of it so now have added it to my want to see list... beautiful but I know I couldn't do that climb .. do you have to have a 4wd to get there?
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love it up there...just beautiful. Haven't done the treetops walk yet though. Looks great. Must have been a treat for your UK visitor.

Noela said...

It is a lovely place. Glad you had a great day. Hugs.....

Lynda said...

We visited a few years ago - it is wonderful. I did the treetop walk - wasn't happy when John was making it sway.

marina said...

what a fantastic day out! I would definitely be giving those tree climbs a miss, my fear of heights would sky rocket!

Val Spiers said...

It all looks wonderful and a perfect day out for your English visitor. I haven't been back there for years but I stayed there a few times. The rosellas are so beautiful.

Mistea said...

Looks gorgeous. Perfect for a day out. Lovely place to take an international visitor.

Karen said...

What a wonderful day. The views are beautiful. Love the tree walk and of course the birds are amazing. You don't have to be a visitor to enjoy it, but it helps!

frankleetravels said...

Love your pictures of O'Reilleys,as you can see it has been awhile since I have been on your site, also love the vintage iron. Hope I am smart enough now to post this, here goes. Love Mum

frankleetravels said...

Love your photos, as you can see it has been awhile since I have been onto your site, also love the little iron. Love Mum

Pansy said...

How wonderful one of my most fav spots also, so lovely to see him & what wonderful memories for her to take back home x

Anita said...

Looks like a lovely drive - will have to remember it for future trips!