Friday, July 26, 2013

Gorgeous Finds & Purchases

I just had to share my latest purchases!
 I found these gorgeous little quilt block pendants in Lynette Anderson's online shop Little Quilt Store

Aren't they amazing? 
So tiny and so perfect. They are only one and a quarter inches in size!
I have bought two, one for a gift, but I am not sure which one to keep and which one to give. 
They are made in the US by a very talented quilter who stitches these amazing miniatures and then her husband does the glass and the stained glass style edging.
They are beautifully made and you can even see all the construction detail on the back. 
 I think they are amazing. 
Lynette has quite a few to choose from and I struggled with the decision of which one to choose for ages.  
Also, another purchase this week that I'm in love with....
I visited the Quilt exhibition again this week at the Queensland Art Gallery. I came away with these gorgeous reproduction fabrics. 
What I love about them is that they've been reproduced from a patchwork coverlet made in Britain and dated 1797. I just couldn't walk past them! This quilt show is wonderful. I don't think I will ever tire of seeing these absolutely amazing, intricate  handmade masterpieces. 
I have been working away on this months  Stitch A Long project and just need to stop working long enough to put the bag together! Hopefully this weekend as I'm running out of time to finish it by the end of July! Nothing like a bit of pressure! 
Have a wonderful weekend. 
Hope you get to spend time doing what you love or be with the ones you love! 
Teresa xx

14 comments:

Maria said...

What amazing wee pendants.
Love your new fabrics and your SAL project is looking great .

Susan said...

I love those little pendants. Your hexies look lovely too..

marina said...

they are amazing pendants aren't they. I have brought some from the US direct and the work in them is incredible. I couldn't chose either.
lovely fabrics that followed you home too.
good luck finishing your sal bag.

Fiona said...

ultra cute pendants...
Hugz

Jo in TAS said...

I've been drooling over those pendants for ages...one day I'll hit ,the buy it now button! The heart one is gorgeous.

Susan said...

I have been admiring those pendants for ages too. Love how you can see the work on the back. You could always keep both and try them out before you decide......just don't blog about it! I am so envious that you have been to the exhibition again, it looks fantastic.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous pendants...

Me and My Stitches said...

Glad you like your pendants! Love your fabric purchases - I've never seen those prints. And your Stitch A Long project is wonderful!

Melody said...

Wow, the pendants are wonderful.

Sandi said...

Lovely pendants Cassie, I have been eyeing these ones off myself lately...great minds...

Jennifer Reynolds said...

ooooo, the pendants, the fabric...which do I love more??!
Gorgeous.
hugs
Jenny
x

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love teeny tiny things....pendants are beautiful. Gorgeous fabrics and stitching....loved the quilt show too.

Tatkis said...

Wow, these pendants are so cute!
Love the fabrics (and still haven't gone to see the Quilt show, pity)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Pansy said...

Oh my gosh how utterly adoreable x