Friday, July 19, 2013

A New Lease....

For my birthday this year my wonderful sister in law gave me this gorgeous little vintage iron. How cute is it? We had no idea if it worked and I wasn't too sure about plugging it in!
I gave it to a friend as her hubby is an electrician to see what he thought. I am very happy to say that (as it didn't work) he has fixed it and made it all very safe to use. I can't wait to take it on the next retreat or class! It's so lovely and small and works really well. 
All I need now is to make it one of those fabric cases that folds out into an ironing mat! I've seen them for the larger irons but I'm sure I could adjust it to fit. 
Love love love my little old iron! 
Thank you Leah, Leona and David!!! 
Have a great day - I'm off to google iron covers......
Teresa xx

7 comments:

Fiona said...

how fun...I used to have something very similar... I guess I am vintage too????
Hugz

Sandi said...

You can practice on my ironing pile if you need to check if it is working well....lol

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a great idea for a gift...love it....

Larissa said...

Oh this is gorgeous!!! ... I know Dawn has a gorgeous iron cover pattern, available in her Craftsy class if you're looking for something pretty :)

Susan said...

How gorgeous...

DAWNIE said...

Oh that is one quaint iron!!! Yes I know the pattern you are speaking about, but I cannot remember whose design it is??

Pansy said...

Oh Teressa how amazing & to have the original case, what a treasure x