Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mothers Day 2013

 
Mothers Day was very special for me this year. Full of fun and family, good food, presents... but mostly family.... which is what I love the most. I tried to ring my mum all day, but she had no service where she was in South Australia... which worried me no end. Eventually I got a hold of her late in the evening and it was wonderful to talk to her.
 
It was a long day and I was coping on only 3 hours sleep as I worked the night before until 4 a.m. We all got up early and enjoyed breakfast with my husbands Mother and family. It was wonderful as my nieces and nephews were there as well. I had one of my all time favourite meals for breakfast... eggs benedict... mmmm.
After a very long breakfast we drove home and I even got to spend a bit of time stitching and sewing. It was a lovely rainy day... great for stitching and mooching around.
James came over ... bringing half of Woolworths with him... as he was making my absolute favourite meal...

Pasta Mona Lisa. I've told you all about this before... but it is my favourite and James makes it the best. This meal was no exception and was the best ever.... so lovely and spicy and hot....just how I like it.
I received some wonderful presents and was very, very spoilt. Jack gave me Les Miserables... the CD and the movie and he is also taking me to see Guy Sebastian this weekend on the Gold Coast.. I can't wait.
James has already cooked for me before Mothers Day... so I sneakily got 2 nights out of him!!! He'd already taken me to the German Film Festival as well, but he also bought me a very "unique" piece of art work from an art exhibition he went to. I love it as it reminds me of a little quilt.... 
I even received a box of chocolates from Jacks girlfriend... I didn't see that coming and it was just soooo lovely.
After our delicious dinner we got into the movie watching mood and watched two movies... the first being "The Life of Pi" and then we settled into watching "Django Unchained". I really enjoyed both movies... and you couldn't get two more different types of movies either!!! But my favourite was definitely "The Life of Pi".  By this time it was past midnight and going on into the morning... so my Mothers Day lasted a very, very long time, but I enjoyed every second of it.


 I tried to get a nice photo of myself and my boys together... not an easy task at all... We must have taken well over a dozen photos and most of them were terrible... but I did get a few that I just love. 
I hope you all had a lovely Mothers Day too...... however you spent your day.

PS... I was lucky enough to have both boys home for a couple of days ... and the day after Mothers Day this is what I made everyone for breakfast. I've been wanting to try this recipe for ages and it was perfect for breakfast... Baked Ricotta Tarts. They were delicious and I will definitely be making them again. See I did cook once....ha ha.....




9 comments:

Lynda said...

Best kind of mothers' day Teresa!

Susan said...

Sounds perfect.

Fiona said...

what a long but fantastic day...
Hugz

Susan said...

Sounds like a lot of fun - and one lot of cooking is fine . . .

marina said...

what a great day! glad you got hold of your mum.
those two boys of yours look very cheeky in that pic with you.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such a lovely post. I am very glad you were treated to your favourites. Nice stitching too. I think your piccie of you and your boys is lovely :)

Karen said...

Nothing better than having family around - especially when they can cook!
Looks like a wonderful time.

Wendy B said...

Oh sweety.....I can hear the love just reading your post!!!!! these are the Best mothers days, with our boys!!!! :) Next time we're together, it's eggs benedict for both of us.....my favourite too!
xoxox love and sugary sweet hugs hon
Wendy :O)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

"perfect"