Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Change of Plans.....

Today I planned to cut out a quilt, pack and get organised for my quilt retreat to Warwick - as this is my last day off from work before I go. Didn't happen. 
My youngest son woke me up and said "get dressed, I'm taking you out..." I can't believe I complained and argued about doing so, as he took me into the city and we went to see the antique quilts from the 1700's on display at the museum. It was absolutely wonderful. If you get the chance to go - GO! I want to go again!

They are beautiful and exquisite and I wanted to stay there and appreciate them for hours.
We also visited the Gallery of Modern Art which is exhibiting contemporary art from Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander artists.

It was a gorgeous day and we topped it off with a late lunch at Max Brenners.

This was the best meal I've had there (which is saying something!!)

Dark chocolate mousse with strawberries and melted dipping chocolate. Delicious. 
What a brilliant day!
Thanks so much Jack - I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am so glad I let you talk me into going!!!! 
The quilts are at the  Queensland Art Gallery until September 22nd - definitely worthwhile going to, if you can! 
Have a great week!
Teresa xx

10 comments:

Susan said...

I am trying to work out how I could possibly go......but I think I will have to enjoy hearing about it on blogs. Your son is a sweetie for thinking of such a lovely thing to do. Enjoy your retreat.

Karen said...

What a wonderful day all round!

Susan said...

How lovely of Jack! but now you have your work cut out for you - better get cracking!

Mistea said...

Sounds like a lovely day all round.
That must be amazing seeing all those old quilts. Enjoy your purchases.

Fiona said...

How lovely... I am booked on a bus trip to see this in August... looking forward to it...
Well done Jack... and have a great time at the retreat... perhaps there you can cut your quilt????
Hugz

Noela said...

Glad you had a lovely day. You have a wonderful son,Teresa. He knows what makes Mum happy. Hugs.....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Ohh lovely... going shortly and I can't wait. You have whet my appetite with the quilts and your lunch...nice son :-)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a gorgeous boy you have...looks like the best day x

marina said...

what a wonderful boy for not taking no for an answer!
would so love to see those quilts..

Cathy said...

What a lovely day! I love that first quilt pic!!