Saturday, May 11, 2013

Table Runner Swap

 Recently I went in a table runner swap run by Sue (of Quilting Block Swaps Australia). The idea was to make a table runner using a charm square pack. As I had just been to the Adelaide retreat and one of the projects was a table runner made from a charm pack (by the lovely Dawn Hay) I wanted to try that pattern out. My partner was Maria of Life on the Block and this is the gorgeous runner she made for me.

 I love the bright colours and the fabrics. It fits my table perfectly.
There were lots of other goodies too... I was very spoilt. How cute is this tea towel? Way too nice to use!  The card is gorgeous too. Thanks so much Maria... I love my runner!!!
 
 This is the runner I made for Maria. The pattern is so clever and effective. As you can see we both used lots of lovely bright colours in our runners set off with fresh white.
I really enjoyed making the runner and the beauty of this pattern.....
is the second runner ... yep.... there are 2 different ways of joining the charm squares to make 2 different runners. Very clever.
Hope you have a great weekend!

17 comments:

katrien said...

Love them both.

Melody said...

I love them both too.

Fiona said...

such a happy runner you got from Maria... they are both great.... I love that you can make 2 styles from Dawns pattern..
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Teresa.....oh my, they are both just gorgeous.....

Jeanette said...

Both the runners are gorgeous. Hugs,xx

Maree: said...

Lovely Runners Pretty Fabrics.

marina said...

love both runners, they are gorgeous.
Jack looks great with his quilt.

Susan said...

What great timing to get the pattern and then have a need to make a runner - looks great - love the 2 ways to do it idea - clever Dawn.

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

Such happy bright runners, Enjoy.

Happy days.
Bev.

Susan said...

Both gorgeous Teresa. Yours looks like a very clever pattern.

shez said...

love both these runners Teresa,great swap ladies.xx

Aussie Nanna said...

I love all three runners! Think I might have to invest in that pattern
Teresa....I'm a bit of a table runner addict :)

Noela said...

Both runners are beautiful Teresa. Hope we catch up soon. Haven't seen you for ages. Hugs......

Mistea said...

Lovely table runners sent and received. Clever pattern you used they both look gorgeous.
Enjoy your new runner.

Tatkis said...

Such a great swap! Both tablerunners are adorable!

Maria said...

Love the table runner you sent and lovely gifts Teresa..
Have a wonderful Mother's Day...

Pansy said...

lots of beautiful eye candy x